Photo

iPod Touch or iPod Classic

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: iPod Touch or iPod Classic (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer?

1. iPod Classic (8 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. iPod Touch (14 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Parker

Parker

The Danger Zone!

• 5,008 posts
  • LocationThe Wind Squid Pub
I'm curious to see what my fellow forum goers prefer for their iPods.

I'm a Classic man myself. I don't like touchscreens, and I buy an MP3 player for music not checking FaceBook (which I'm also not a fan of. I don't understand people's obsession with FB.)

I recently went to a BestBuy to purchase a Classic and when looking at prices I noticed the 8gb iPod touch and 160gb iPod Classic were only $10 apart in price. I was astounded that people actually purchased the touch over the Classic when the prices were so similar. I guess people don't want MP3 players anymore...

Anywho, which do you all prefer any why? Any Zune people here? I still have the original brick Zune, although the wife cracked the screen. :unsure:

Parker

Classic Game Room: 16-bit, 100% Awesome

mfbF15h.png

Thank you Fox for the awesome signature!

PSN: James_Page | Steam: Pagey the Wind Squid | XBL: Mopar Parker | NN: 1stGenCummins 

parker-94

parker-94

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom
I don't have any of them any more, but if I was going out to buy an iPod right now, it would be the iPod Touch.

I'm already used to touchscreens, but the main thing it has over the Classic is of course the apps, which I would use quite a lot.

Posted Image
I don't care who signs their posts with "Parker", I am the real Parker. ;)

Mumpel

Mumpel

Planet 133

• Guide Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
I used to have a classic until it broke which is when I got a touch. The only thing I feel the touch has over the classic is wi-fi and a small few apps like msn and aim. Sure it has other apps too but I find the majority of them are worthless and serve no use :\

Elliot - Pie

Elliot - Pie

The Foodstuff of Gods

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK
Can I vote for "all Apple products are overpriced"?

I'd rather have an iTouch because mobile app development intrigues me, and I'd quite like to give it a crack, but if I'm going to do that I'll do it for Android.

sundrew

sundrew

Novice

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA
I've had my Classic for 5 years now (woah...right?) so I've never even considered buying a Touch since my old one works perfectly fine. However, that being said, I'm the only person I know who still uses a Classic and not a Touch -_-.

And Pie, smartphones are totally worth it. I just hopped onto the bandwagon a few months ago and I have no idea how I survived without it. Plus, the games are awesome :D.

Parker

Parker

The Danger Zone!

• 5,008 posts

Can I vote for "all Apple products are overpriced"?

I'd rather have an iTouch because mobile app development intrigues me, and I'd quite like to give it a crack, but if I'm going to do that I'll do it for Android.

Nope, I don't feel like editing the poll. :P

I do agree though. They are overpriced, but I think the iPod's are very high quality products and Apple has absolutely fantastic customer support so I don't mind paying extra. I've literally smashed an iPod with a hammer to see if they'd replace it, and sure enough with no questions asked I got a brand new one. :lol:

Parker

mfbF15h.png

PSN: James_Page | Steam: Pagey the Wind Squid | XBL: Mopar Parker | NN: 1stGenCummins 

Elliot - Pie

Elliot - Pie

The Foodstuff of Gods

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Nope, I don't feel like editing the poll. :P

I do agree though. They are overpriced, but I think the iPod's are very high quality products and Apple has absolutely fantastic customer support so I don't mind paying extra. I've literally smashed an iPod with a hammer to see if they'd replace it, and sure enough with no questions asked I got a brand new one. :lol:

Well, when your products are notorious for breaking easily, you have to be generous with replacements - see the RRoD on the 360. I am glad that they have good customer service though, as from what I've seen all the so called "Apple geniuses" in the Apple stores I've been in are a bit daft, to put it nicely, and don't really know their stuff.

Parker

Parker

The Danger Zone!

• 5,008 posts

Well, when your products are notorious for breaking easily, you have to be generous with replacements - see the RRoD on the 360. I am glad that they have good customer service though, as from what I've seen all the so called "Apple geniuses" in the Apple stores I've been in are a bit daft, to put it nicely, and don't really know their stuff.

Are they really? That's honestly the first time I've heard that. We have multiple iPod within our family (my brother owns one or two, my wife has an older one) and they've been absolutely trouble free. Unless you're talking about the iPod touches because we've never had one long enough to give it a chance to break. I'm not saying you're wrong, maybe we've just been lucky.

Parker

mfbF15h.png

A_FlyingMegaKiwi

A_FlyingMegaKiwi

SUDDENLY, A GIGANTIC PENIS COMES CRASHING THROUGH THE CEILING

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNew Sealand
I already have the equivalent of a Touch. I haven't tried a Classic. I think I'd try a Classic. Just once. Just to see how it feels. Just this once.
There is nothing here. Not even this. I like ponies.

Daramachenko

Daramachenko

The One and Only

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Los Angeles
i would get an iPod Classic, i don't want to spend extra on non-relevant luxury when i can get something else that does the same thing.

Artemisthemp

Artemisthemp

Iris Heart

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationDenmark
I like my iPod Touch G2, but wish Apple still support it with iOS version.
Posted Image
Posted Image

SteelSammy

SteelSammy

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationNew York
I prefer the classic. Touch screens are a little annoying to me, I find that most of them can get off track and lose calibration, which makes me hit the wrong button. Plus I have to wipe off fingerprints every few days.

Zairozen- Wow, he can hold his beer as well (Sammy adams). *Applaud* I underestimated you, SteelSatan.

-------------

DJ13202- "I change my mind about a news team...Steelsammy should just be dictated news team because every piece of news I really even care about comes from him...so no news team...just...SAMMY"

bzoKJJk.gif

---------

AlteredFormula- "Sammy!! I think I love you!"

---------

BDKSimba- "gonna call U sammy badass from now on"

Deth

Deth

自殺

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationAokigahara
I'm still listening to CD's & cassette tapes :D but if I ever do get one, I'd get the Classic. no need any stupid apps to distract me from my music.

Deth_Breath.png

Parker

Parker

The Danger Zone!

• 5,008 posts

I'm still listening to CD's & cassette tapes :D but if I ever do get one, I'd get the Classic. no need any stupid apps to distract me from my music.

Me too. Although a few days ago my truck decided to eat my Zeppelin tape so it looks like I'll have to upgrade to a CD player... I hate the way new head units look in older vehicles.

Parker

mfbF15h.png

Kirbz

Kirbz

Mr. Steal Yo Girl

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationJustice, Illinois
i believe that the ipod classic is way better than an ipod touch, that is why i jailbroke my ipod touch, and downloaded an app to simulate an ipod classic

pic:
Posted Image

even thoguh i believe that the ipod touch has more possibilities, the ipod classic feels better, since its more simple. the ipod touch feels more like a product that can do "anything" but music is the last thing you use on it, because of how much stuff you can do on it... so it distracts you from actualy listening to music.
here is an example of what i did with my ipod touch
Posted Image
Posted Image
in order to actualy enjoy the ipod touch one bit, you have to do something illegal that voids the warrantee called "jailbreaking".
this is why i believe the ipod classic is better

Posted Image

MannyCalavera16

MannyCalavera16

Novice

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Edited by MannyCalavera16, 08 November 2012 - 04:16 AM.

Nagflar

Nagflar

Kiwi Defender

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
If you want to only listen to music, get a Classic. If you wish to have something that might keep you entertained while bored, and not necessarilly with music, get a Touch.

Posted Image
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.

DJ12302

DJ12302

Novice

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNew York
i like the classic...the ipod is just a smartphone...it ruins the point of "music player" and although the classic has some extra fun tools, its not overdone like the touch...although you would be getting your $$$ worth for the touch, while the classic is overpriced

Posted Image

Azakos

Azakos

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
Touch over the Classic. More features, and I personally am content with 2,000 of my favorite songs.

Posted Image

redcell89

redcell89

Θάλασσα από αίμα

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationStyx below
I used to have a touch, i've used a classic before but I definitely prefer the touch.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users