• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Dreakon139

Dreakon139

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY
Hey guys, I have never really played Katamari before... any incarnation of it. One with trophies on the PS3 is mildly appealing to me though. Knowing the sense of humor me and my friends have, maybe this would be a game that we could all just sit around and play for a little while (even if it isn't multiplayer).

Like I said though, I never really played this before. As a newbie to the series, would you guys say this is a difficult game and/or a difficult platinum? Is it a game I can just play through, casually, and eventually find my way stumbling into the platinum or will I rip my hair out trying for it?

Talk it up a little bit, how is the game? Worth the money? :)

Thanks!

dgaustin

dgaustin

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
Worth every penny.
I bought it for 50$ back when it was released, and I never regretted a nickle.
The game has an amazing variety of levels, and the trophies aren't all to hard (however that collection completion trophy may have you by the neck when you're missing one of the 3000+ items.)
Even after I got the platinum for that game, I find it slipping into my PS3 quite often for a few quick rolls, or in an attempt to better many of my scores on the levels (which add a little more bang for your buck, if you plan to play it past trophies).

tl;dr Buy it. One of the most enjoyable games on the PS3. Sure it's quirky, and it may feel goofy at first, but without a doubt you'll have thumbs of steel in no time!

Feel free to add me on PSN with a message that you are from here. If you see a game that I'm high in percentage, but am missing online trophies, I'll definitely boost with you!

pEt6b.png

Dreakon139

Dreakon139

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY
Hmm... man. After noticing how many third person shooters and open world games (and sometimes a mix of both) I had in my PS3 collection, games like this started to appeal to me just because it was something different.

And the platinum is reasonable? Maybe I'll have to keep my eye on some eBay auctions the next few days and see if I can't nab this guy cheap somewhere.

dgaustin

dgaustin

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Hmm... man. After noticing how many third person shooters and open world games (and sometimes a mix of both) I had in my PS3 collection, games like this started to appeal to me just because it was something different.

And the platinum is reasonable? Maybe I'll have to keep my eye on some eBay auctions the next few days and see if I can't nab this guy cheap somewhere.

Looks like we have a similar taste in games, and I have to tell you, this is definitely something different. On the note of Open World games, you should also take a peak at Just Cause 2.
I'm not sure how much you are ready to spend on the game, but 20-30 dollars would most likely be a steal to me.

Feel free to add me on PSN with a message that you are from here. If you see a game that I'm high in percentage, but am missing online trophies, I'll definitely boost with you!

pEt6b.png

PSXtreme_

PSXtreme_

Possum Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLong Lane, MO
I've been a big fan of the series since it came out for the PS2. I was a little disappointed with KF, mostly cause it was a re-hash of all the levels that came before with a little bit of new. However, for a 1st timer, you should be well satisfied with the gameplay. It definiely is something different. I've been working on the game on and off for the past 10 months and have 21 outta 33 of the trophies, and we all know how non-trophy hunter I am, so it should be a doable for somebody seriously chasing a Plat.

dgaustin

dgaustin

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

I've been a big fan of the series since it came out for the PS2. I was a little disappointed with KF, mostly cause it was a re-hash of all the levels that came before with a little bit of new. However, for a 1st timer, you should be well satisfied with the gameplay. It definiely is something different. I've been working on the game on and off for the past 10 months and have 21 outta 33 of the trophies, and we all know how non-trophy hunter I am, so it should be a doable for somebody seriously chasing a Plat.

I had only played We <3 Katamari before this, so very few of the levels were similar. PSX does point out a good point, the game will be full of new things, and because the levels have various objectives, the game is a complete new experience for you. All the more reason to get it :D

pEt6b.png

PSXtreme_

PSXtreme_

Possum Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLong Lane, MO
It looks simple...it looks stupid..but you'll be like..."Looks like I will do it just 1 more time before I quit" and then 2 hours will have gone by.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users