Photo

How many EASY plats do you have?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Poll: Dirty plats... (108 member(s) have cast votes)

How many "dirty" platinum trophies do you have?

1. None! (53 votes [49.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.07%

2. 1 (23 votes [21.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.30%

3. 2 to 5 (20 votes [18.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

4. 6 to 10 (6 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

5. 11 to 20 (2 votes [1.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

6. 21+ (4 votes [3.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

Would you go for any more "dirty" platinum trophies?

1. Yes absolutely, they're still platinums! (25 votes [23.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.15%

2. I'll still earn the occasional few (22 votes [20.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.37%

3. Probably not, unless I enter a trophy competition (19 votes [17.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.59%

4. Absolutely not! (42 votes [38.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

acasser

acasser

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Locationnorthern New Jersey
I only have one "dirty plat": Last Rebellion. And I personally don't consider it dirty -- although I will recommend it to others who are looking for a cheap-and-easy platinum. I bought the game when it first came out, and I don't consider it to be as putrid as so many others do. It's certainly a case of a game whose potential is greater than its final product, but I happened to like it.... plus I love RPGs and there weren't very many on the PS3 at the time.

Daramachenko

Daramachenko

The One and Only

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Los Angeles
Do you consider Spare Parts a dirty :platinum: ?

Wade_VC

Wade_VC

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationLodi, CA
Like many others, when I hear the term "Dirty Plat", the first thing that comes to mind is a hacked/game saved Plat.

I for on love PIXAR/Dreamworks/Disney animated movies, and with that in mind, I absolutely had a blast with UP!. Yeah, it may have been easy, but is was also fun...and that is all I care about. I plan on getting a few more PIXAR-based games for that very same reason, and will probably earn the Plat on those as well, IF they are fun to play. If I do, I'll be tickled to death as I earned the Plat having fun and without cheating. If the game(s) suck, I won't bother with the Plat, easy game or not.

In the end, I purchase and play what I think I will enjoy and have fun with, not to meet someone else's approval.

Posted Image

AdmiralAwesome91

AdmiralAwesome91

Novice

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationTwilight Zone
I only consider 2 out of my 34 dirty and thats because I had no fun playing them at all

1. Terminator Salvation
2. Trivial Pursuit

I enjoyed Green Lantern, Captain America, and Cabella's Outdoor Adventure. I would recommend them if you play movie games just like I do. I would also recommend Spiderman 2, Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction and X - men Origins Wolverine

Posted Image

Click signature to view my Trophy Profile

Posted Image

d3m0nd00d

d3m0nd00d

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Locationvillage in PA

Like many others, when I hear the term "Dirty Plat", the first thing that comes to mind is a hacked/game saved Plat.

I for on love PIXAR/Dreamworks/Disney animated movies, and with that in mind, I absolutely had a blast with UP!. Yeah, it may have been easy, but is was also fun...and that is all I care about. I plan on getting a few more PIXAR-based games for that very same reason, and will probably earn the Plat on those as well, IF they are fun to play. If I do, I'll be tickled to death as I earned the Plat having fun and without cheating. If the game(s) suck, I won't bother with the Plat, easy game or not.

In the end, I purchase and play what I think I will enjoy and have fun with, not to meet someone else's approval.

I approve this message!!! :)

d3m0nd00d.pngfs_overall.png

6193955020_67a62bee87.jpg
sig by the awesome kid420247

CDroid-B-Ghost

CDroid-B-Ghost

• Pip
  • 4 posts
NCIS but I enjoyed the story even though I don't watch the T.V. Show.

Christopher

Christopher

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
I only have Terminator Salvation. While I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it alone, playing co-op with a pal made it bearable, because we were just laughing our way to the platinum. Even today we make jokes about the game.

Feel free to add me on PSN with a message that you are from here. If you see a game that I'm high in percentage, but am missing online trophies, I'll definitely boost with you!

pEt6b.png

daftprophet

daftprophet

Interstella 5555

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationOhio
I don't believe that any of the plats I have are "dirty"...I have a few easier ones and there will be ones that I need to finish up because someone started playing them on my account while I was away :shakefist:

bknc9.gif
daftprophet.png

:platinum:  IMperfect Platinum Streak  :platinum: 

Lil_Mermaid_Girl

Lil_Mermaid_Girl

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationUSA
I also play many kids games. I get a lot of them for my son anyways. So I have Cloudy, Toy Story, etc. I actually enjoy playing some of them (Toy Story is actually really good haha).

But by the definition of dirty plats that the OP put, I'd like 6-10 I suppose. I don't personally consider all of them dirty (or cheap or whatever) but I voted according to the OP description.

My REAL bad plat is Cabela's Outdoor Adventures. I'm a vegetarian for over 12 years and a huge environmentalist and pro animal rights platinum. That's my biggest shame game. I rented Hannah just for the trophies, but I don't really find it shameful, I guess since it's a girly game and there aren't many pure girly games out there. It was ok to rent for me.
Posted Image
I'm featured on the official PS blog!!

ARDCOREARNIE

ARDCOREARNIE

Novice

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Actually, ARDCOREARNIE, I would've bought those games I listed above even if they didn't have trophies.
I don't care so much about getting as many trophies as possible, I mainly care about 100%ing what I DO get. I'm a completionist, not a trophy hoarder. In my eyes there's a difference.

Look at my profile and you'll see I have some difficult and time consuming games too. So please don't suggest that I'm cheap just because I have some easy games.

ooooooh handbags!
<p><a href="

SteelSammy

SteelSammy

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationNew York
Dirty Platinum: One I played JUST for trophies.

Hannah Montana and Terminator: Salvation.

Zairozen- Wow, he can hold his beer as well (Sammy adams). *Applaud* I underestimated you, SteelSatan.

-------------

DJ13202- "I change my mind about a news team...Steelsammy should just be dictated news team because every piece of news I really even care about comes from him...so no news team...just...SAMMY"

bzoKJJk.gif

---------

AlteredFormula- "Sammy!! I think I love you!"

---------

BDKSimba- "gonna call U sammy badass from now on"

BeautifulTorment

BeautifulTorment

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationCanada
I've got Terminator Salvation and Spare Parts. I forgot about Spare Parts at first actually.... those are definitely both dirty plats. Gross.

Take a look at my checklist!

APkWq.png
BeautifulTorment.png

spankyNspronkle

spankyNspronkle

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNew York
I don't agree with the definition of "dirty", but I have a handful...

Posted Image

BDKSimba

BDKSimba

GoD Save Da King!. *0_o*

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Locationda Lonely space between fantasy & reality..
as I look around this thread I can't help but to think most of y'all accumulated those so undesirable Platz from that dirty little place that the majority of Us migrated from.
I must admit I acquired some undesirable trophies because of that place. a dirty decision that I will have to live with.
but never again will I play a game to appease the needs of trophy hoarding contest.

Malik

Malik

PSNP Official Personal Trainer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationScandinavia
I only have 1 platinum which 70%+ have, and thats the first Sly game ..
but i really loved that game and it was one of my favourites on ps2 back in the days, so therefor i don't consider it as a dirty plat...

The one i do consider as a "dirty plat" is "WWE Legends of WrestleMania" which i only bought becuase i wanted the platinum, but i did enjoyed the 2 days i played it..

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider

maliksen.png

checklist

http://psnprofiles.c...ophy-checklist/

ShadowGandalf

ShadowGandalf

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationUK England

ooooooh handbags!

uhhh.... what? what do handbags have to do with trophies?

Trophy Games = 166

Latest Plat/100%:-#81 Infamous: Second Son/#74 Metal Gear Solid V:  Ground Zeroes 

Yet to 100%Uncharted 3 DLC - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Metal Gear Solid 2 HD - NFS Most Wanted DLC

Skyrim DLC - Okami HD - Quantum Conundrum - Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires - GTAV - Beyond: Two Souls

Knack - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - Don't Starve

The Walking Dead S2 - South Park: Stick of Truth

ShadowGandalf.png 

PS4 Games I plan on getting (subject to change of mind)

Watchdogs - Minecraft - Daylight - The Witness - The Crew

Star Wars: Battlefront - The Division - Uncharted - The Order 1886

ARDCOREARNIE

ARDCOREARNIE

Novice

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
handbags is an english saying when someone starts to moan like an old woman
<p><a href="

ShadowGandalf

ShadowGandalf

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationUK England
i wasn't moaning, i was being defensive. You basically insulted everyone who has easily obtainable Platinums.
then you insulted me again. i never had problems like this on ps3t.co.uk. so no more snide comments.

Trophy Games = 166

Latest Plat/100%:-#81 Infamous: Second Son/#74 Metal Gear Solid V:  Ground Zeroes 

Yet to 100%Uncharted 3 DLC - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Metal Gear Solid 2 HD - NFS Most Wanted DLC

Skyrim DLC - Okami HD - Quantum Conundrum - Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires - GTAV - Beyond: Two Souls

Knack - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - Don't Starve

The Walking Dead S2 - South Park: Stick of Truth

ShadowGandalf.png 

PS4 Games I plan on getting (subject to change of mind)

Watchdogs - Minecraft - Daylight - The Witness - The Crew

Star Wars: Battlefront - The Division - Uncharted - The Order 1886

JennifairyW

JennifairyW

Lalafellian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationArendelle
I noticed some people mentioning their Toy Story 3 platinum as a possible "dirty" one to have, just because it's a kids game or Disney maybe, but i loved that game haha :wub: the Toy Box mode was so much fun, really surprised me, and hey the plat's not even 23% yet so it must be a bit hard xD .....or its mainly 5 year olds playing and they give up after an hour or 2, one of those :rolleyes:

I'd also consider playing other kiddie/Disney games in the future, not because they're easy plats but because they're fun and i love playing them. They should make a new Lion King game... just because! woo

JennifairyW.png

https://facebook.com/jennifairywart

Somewhere between the time you arrive, and the time you go, may lie a reason you were alive, but you'll never know

Dreakon139

Dreakon139

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY
Nadda.

If I don't like a game, odds are I won't play it to the point of platinum'ing it.

I wouldn't consider any of my platinum's easy, or at least they aren't the prototypical "easy" games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users