• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

tk22max

tk22max

Novice

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Cutscenes that cant be skipped.
When you're enjoying a game then randomly there is one super hard part which ruins the fun.
Brits raging online over the mics.
High levels that show skill of low levels.
People online who use unfair weapons. (Uncharted 3 - KAL, Battlefield 3 - USAS)
People stealing your kills. (e.g Mass effect 3 demo, uncharted 2-3, Metal Gear online)
Basically playing with/agaisnt fools >_>

Spammers
Campers
People kicking you for no reason
Cheaters
Disconnecters

Lil_Mermaid_Girl

Lil_Mermaid_Girl

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationUSA
Time trials. In anything. I can't stand them. Which stinks because I like racing games lol.

I also really don't like platforming. I'll always play a new platforming game thinking it will be different this time (as in my ability to put up with up with stupid falling spots), but it never is. :unsure:
Posted Image
I'm featured on the official PS blog!!

Chambers35

Chambers35

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • LocationEngland
Mostly the camera, a game can just be annoying if they don't get the camera right :angry:

And of course annoying people online...

warfighter_by_the35thchamber-d5hz17n.png

Swordsman83

Swordsman83

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSingapore
Online trophies required for platinium or 100%

Swordsman83.png

JennifairyW

JennifairyW

Lalafellian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationArendelle

POPULAR

My biggest annoyance would probably just be people in online multiplayers.

Let's see, people who think that winning/having a better score in a game/match means that they now have the right to start shouting their halfassed stereotypical insults at you, trying to act hard as nails behind their tv sets. This also means that they ('the winner') will amount to something in life because said game is their be all and end all.
However, if the tables are turned and you win and they lose, then you are 'insert insult/profanity here' who has no life. You might also be a cheater, have a modded controller, have a lag switch etc... funny that.

Nothing stranger than folk. :hmm:

Anyways, lag, some online trophies and repetitiveness aren't so great either.

JennifairyW.png

https://facebook.com/jennifairywart

Somewhere between the time you arrive, and the time you go, may lie a reason you were alive, but you'll never know

XXShredGnarXX

XXShredGnarXX

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I would say all of the multiplayer games get annoying because of the people you run into.

Christopher

Christopher

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

My biggest annoyance would probably just be people in online multiplayers.

Let's see, people who think that winning/having a better score in a game/match means that they now have the right to start shouting their halfassed stereotypical insults at you, trying to act hard as nails behind their tv sets. This also means that they ('the winner') will amount to something in life because said game is their be all and end all.
However, if the tables are turned and you win and they lose, then you are 'insert insult/profanity here' who has no life. You might also be a cheater, have a modded controller, have a lag switch etc... funny that.

Nothing stranger than folk. :hmm:

Anyways, lag, some online trophies and repetitiveness aren't so great either.

Black Ops is such a subject of this. Anytime I get on, people with mics are always "dominant" and makes sure to tell you so. Losing to them makes you a fag, obviously

Feel free to add me on PSN with a message that you are from here. If you see a game that I'm high in percentage, but am missing online trophies, I'll definitely boost with you!

pEt6b.png

Wade_VC

Wade_VC

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationLodi, CA

Yeah, I'd like to add that to my list as well. Just annoying as hell. :angry:

Posted Image

JennifairyW

JennifairyW

Lalafellian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationArendelle

Black Ops is such a subject of this. Anytime I get on, people with mics are always "dominant" and makes sure to tell you so. Losing to them makes you a fag, obviously

Haha yeah they'll be sure to let you know that when you lose. Luckily i don't play any COD games and i don't plan to, most of my bad experiences where with uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayer, ick

JennifairyW.png

https://facebook.com/jennifairywart

Somewhere between the time you arrive, and the time you go, may lie a reason you were alive, but you'll never know

Corsaire3615

Corsaire3615

• Pip
  • 8 posts
- Bad cameras
- Clipping
- I don't know how to translate that from french "moirage"... Thing from textures that repeats in bad ways to create new patterns. For example when your character seem walking on some carpets instead of grass :S
- Buying a game 60€ without any DLC when it will be rereleased a few months later with all DLC at 40€... that's the new video game industry :yay:
Posted Image

allenbird

allenbird

Game Connoisseur

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
Camera angles without a doubt. The single most annoying thing when playing a game and you are trying to traverse the terrain, and you get to a cliff or something and your view of the game all of a sudden goes to the face of the wall or out in the distance pointing in the direction you are NOT going.

This just points to poor game design. I don't like that.

Christopher

Christopher

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Camera angles without a doubt. The single most annoying thing when playing a game and you are trying to traverse the terrain, and you get to a cliff or something and your view of the game all of a sudden goes to the face of the wall or out in the distance pointing in the direction you are NOT going.

This just points to poor game design. I don't like that.

OH my lord, this describes all sonic games.
Gotta say, when playing a bit of Sonic Unleashed, I had never been so angry at Camera angles

Feel free to add me on PSN with a message that you are from here. If you see a game that I'm high in percentage, but am missing online trophies, I'll definitely boost with you!

pEt6b.png

Stevieboy

Stevieboy

Lifetime Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationScotland
Unskippable cutscenes - The first time you see a cutscene it probably shouldn't be skippable as it forms part of the story, but you should be able to skip it after you have seen it already. Nothing worse than repeatedly dying at a particularly difficult or annoying part and having to watch the same damn scene over and over again :shakefist: .

Having to do something quickly, such as a speed run or anything against the clock which doesn't involve driving. What can I say, I just like to take my time doing things :P . Driving games are different because it would be silly not having to do things fast there :P

stevieboy1975.png

Rowdi

Rowdi

Ancient!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

For me it would have to be;

1: People who have music blaring through their headsets and/or sing (Seriously, shut the hell up!!)
2: Little brats who hurl abuse and brainless insults at you if you beat them
3: Cowards who disconnect just as they're about to lose
4: Anyone who is racist, homophobic, or anything else that's similar and just spouts their disgusting diatribe throughout a match or afterwards
5: People who think one country has a worse gaming attitude than any other (I've played against a fair share of Americans and Brits, and a vast majority of them have been good sports)
6: Arrogant or Elitist players
7: Players who accuse you of cheating or exploiting just because you throughly trounce them
8: Online Trophies of any kind
9: Collectible Trophies
10: Incredibly tedious Trophies for non-RPG titles (I'm looking at you, Soulcalibur V and your 'Winds of Battle" Trophy)
11: People who make a big deal of how many more platinums they have than you

This list hits most of my gripes. However, I would like to add a couple more.
12: Day 1 updates. Stop trying to sell me unfinished games.
13: Day 1 dlc. Stop trying to sell me half a game at full price then nickel and dime me for the rest of it.
14: Check points before difficult battles followed by unskipable and lengthy cutscenes.
15: Poor camera angles. Especially when precision is needed. Makes me feel like the game wasn't properly tested. Refer to #12.

Rowdi1.png

Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
I hate fighting games because of small text especially when your try do combo attacks. This why I don't like fighting games if they fix that I would be more interest in them.
Posted Image

ANTIOX_

ANTIOX_

Terrible Stuntman

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationMilton Keynes, England
i like cutscenes and think its a waste of a game when you just skip through them all but if you are on your 2nd, 3rd playthrough unskippable scenes can be annoying...
Posted Image

Sir_Bee

Sir_Bee

Worker Bee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
What annoys me most would have to be getting a platinum trophy, sitting at 100%, only to see it a few months later drop to 80%. DLC should have a separate counter. I don't like feeling obligated to shell out more money to keep my completion at 100%, just because they released DLC.

Also, I find the immaturity and crass language used by most online gamers to be brutal. It is difficult to find good people to play with an actually chat to. I guess that's way we have sites like this one :)

Posted Image

Please take a look at this topic thread and consider donating: http://psnprofiles.c...rra-leone-kids/

bmj14772

bmj14772

What's next?

• Guide Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationNew York

When you're enjoying a game then randomly there is one super hard part which ruins the fun.
Brits raging online over the mics.
High levels that show skill of low levels.
People online who use unfair weapons. (Uncharted 3 - KAL, Battlefield 3 - USAS)
People stealing your kills. (e.g Mass effect 3 demo, uncharted 2-3, Metal Gear online)
Basically playing with/agaisnt fools >_>

Spammers
Campers
People kicking you for no reason
Cheaters
Disconnecters

So....... multiplayer, haha :P BTW, I agree with your post.

Many of the items listed in all the posts above as well as:
  • People playing team-based games without a mic where communication is essential (Silver and Gold level challenges in ME3)
  • People that want to talk about [annoying topic here] throughout the whole course of a MP match (Radio chatter to a minimum please). I find it very distracting. I don't mind discussing our strategy on the fly or whatever is relevant to the current match but, I don't want to talk about what you had for breakfast (or whatever).
  • Online Trophies
  • Online Trophies
  • Online Trophies. I realize i've listed this multiple times. ME3 does a brilliant job of allowing you to either participate in MP or not; you can earn the trophies in MP or SP (your choice). This, to me, is how all games with an online component should be; or like the Uncharted game(s) where you were required to play a match and test it out.
  • Collectible trophies that contribute nothing to the game (other than being a number of items collected). I don't normally have a problem with them if they unlock something or offer you a "currency" to purchase upgrades/extras in the game.
  • Mini-games that are required to be completed where the gameplay is 100% different (and usually irrelevant) than the rest of the game. Examples would include the Dash Circuit in 3D Dot Game Heroes, the racing games in Sly Cooper 1, the arcade game in Rachet & Clank :shakefist:
I'm sure there are more but, these are the ones that sprung to mind.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Wade_VC

Wade_VC

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationLodi, CA

People that want to talk about [annoying topic here] throughout the whole course of a MP match (Radio chatter to a minimum please). I find it very distracting. I don't mind discussing our strategy on the fly or whatever is relevant to the current match but, I don't want to talk about what you had for breakfast (or whatever).

IMHO, if you have a team of players who know how to work as a team, know the objectives, and don't need hand-holding, I have no problems chit-chatting about this and that. I for one find no distractions if someone is talking about (insert subject here) if they also are quick to say "Sniper on the right" or "Coming in behind you", etc. when needed.

Posted Image

bmj14772

bmj14772

What's next?

• Guide Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationNew York

IMHO, if you have a team of players who know how to work as a team, know the objectives, and don't need hand-holding, I have no problems chit-chatting about this and that. I for one find no distractions if someone is talking about (insert subject here) if they also are quick to say "Sniper on the right" or "Coming in behind you", etc. when needed.

Fair enough Wade. I have found myself in conversation as well once i've gotten comfortable in a particular game and am playing with people I "know" fairly well. I guess I should/could clarify that I don't want People that want to talk about [annoying topic here] when they are Randoms or know we are in a tough challenge. I'm probably over-sensitive to it because I need to focus to succeed and that type of chatter is unbelievably distracting; i'm not one of God's gifts to the gaming industry that can dominate any disc I throw into my PS3 :shakefist: unfortunately. :P

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users