Photo

'Return' trophy. Who's getting/got it legit?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

ShadowGandalf

ShadowGandalf

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • LocationUK England
When I was earning trophies on Flower, i got the week long break trophy by putting my PS3's clock 1 week ahead.

With Journey's week long break trophy, i'm doing it legitimately, that is to say, actually waiting a week before playing again. I'll get it on Monday evening.

Who else is doing it this way? Or did/will everyone just use the shortcut? I'm just curious. I'm not judging people based on their answers.

Trophy Games = 166

Latest Plat/100%:-#81 Infamous: Second Son/#74 Metal Gear Solid V:  Ground Zeroes 

Yet to 100%Uncharted 3 DLC - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Metal Gear Solid 2 HD - NFS Most Wanted DLC

Skyrim DLC - Okami HD - Quantum Conundrum - Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires - GTAV - Beyond: Two Souls

Knack - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - Don't Starve

The Walking Dead S2 - South Park: Stick of Truth

ShadowGandalf.png 

PS4 Games I plan on getting (subject to change of mind)

Watchdogs - Minecraft - Daylight - The Witness - The Crew

Star Wars: Battlefront - The Division - Uncharted - The Order 1886

DanielVT

DanielVT

Boston Red Sox 2013 World Series Champs!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • LocationVermont, United States of America

When I was earning trophies on Flower, i got the week long break trophy by putting my PS3's clock 1 week ahead.

With Journey's week long break trophy, i'm doing it legitimately, that is to say, actually waiting a week before playing again. I'll get it on Monday evening.

Who else is doing it this way? Or did/will everyone just use the shortcut? I'm just curious. I'm not judging people based on their answers.

I never boost or cheat for my trophies period. I did adjust my clock for the trophy on flower as well, because I did not think it was illegitimate or cheating. If it was, the developers would not have made the trophy possible to get by changing one's clock. I have encountered trophies (like Crysis 2's Dedication trophy) where the developer's don't want people to simply fast-forward their clocks. Whenever I get around to Journey, I may fast-forward my clock, but either way it's no big deal as there is no "wrong" way to get it since I would not be hacking or boosting the trophy. :)

DanielVT.png?8932boston-sports-logos.jpg

Stevieboy

Stevieboy

Lifetime Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationScotland
I earned the Flower one legit. I just played it when I downloaded it then waited a week and went back to it. I guess I didn't really need to do that as Flower was a game I kept going back to just to help me unwind, so I would have earned that trophy numerous times over anyway. I can see me doing the same with Journey.

stevieboy1975.png

Christopher

Christopher

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
Flower was a fun one, and I returned to it a week after playing naturally. Still need some trophies :(

Feel free to add me on PSN with a message that you are from here. If you see a game that I'm high in percentage, but am missing online trophies, I'll definitely boost with you!

pEt6b.png

dontwaketheKIDS

dontwaketheKIDS

v2.0

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe River City
I set the clock ahead to get the trophy. I can see myself revisiting Journey in a weeks time since it's so short anyways, so, go figure.

CHAR MAN DUH

CHAR MAN DUH

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationGrimoire Wiess' Pages
Next Saturday is when I'll be getting this trophy, just have to keep my hands off the game for a week, it's hard to do as I just love it to bits

but yeah i did the same With Flower and waited for the whole week

I don't accept blank friend reqest and asking to gameshare results in an instant block.

Yd5d6.png

Splarklay Checklist | PS36tii Reviews | Spark-N

Lilith

Lilith

Resident Sega fan

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I haven't even played Journey for a while, so I guess I'll get it when I go back to it.

With Flower, I did it legit, as in not setting my clock forward.

Alexiasig_zps885d962d.jpgLilith_avatar_transparent_zps09e0bb3e.pnTrustNoOne_2_zps26fb45f5123_zps84e3b56c.Lily_zpsefce84db.jpg

BonezOliver

BonezOliver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I earned it legitimately. I had to send my PS3 off to get it fixed right after I played Journey for the first time. Funnily enough, none of my trophy progress for the game was saved from before. I guess my account remembered that I had played it, so Return ended up being my first trophy in the game. :P

TehCro

TehCro

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
lol. I think I got the Flower one legit because I remember there being a pretty long gap between playing that game for me.
Posted Image

Elbender93

Elbender93

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationItaly
I got it legit, I had stopped playing the game for a while, I didn't even know that there was a trophy for waiting one week lol

Posted Image

ShiraCheshire

ShiraCheshire

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can't stay away from Journey. Return is the only trophy I don't have, and I wear it like a badge of honor.

Jakedude1006

Jakedude1006

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I actully went away on holiday right after playing Journey for the first time and got the trophy the minute I went back to it when I got home. (And yes, I did know about the trophy before getting it, it was the reason I jumped back on the minute I got home)

Vacio_Luna

Vacio_Luna

Background Character

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY

I got the Journey one legit. I did a playthrough, then came back to it like 2 weeks later and the trophy popped! 

Vacio_Luna.png    jTzPUtl.gif?1

AnRoDr

AnRoDr

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationLittle old Belgium
Got it without adjusting the clock on my PS3.That's the bonus of playing the same games as your kids, they start them and I take over ... or the other way around.
I see no problem with people changing the date on their console to get the trophy faster.

AnRoDr.png

Platimus Dorsi

Platimus Dorsi

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationGermany, Ruhr area

I got it legit as well.

Journey is the kind of game, where it actually makes you feel good, if you could manage to stay away for the week - then going back to the game, felt kinda special.

Yes, I know I'm weird :D

Latikos.png

Technatorium

Technatorium

Novice

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

I did this trophy legit after the game came out. Started the game and saw the trophy listing and I was like. Okay so I will wait a week before I actually play the game. :P

Technatorium.png

Fierce-Hero

Fierce-Hero

Novice

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

its been a looong time since I played it. Just got it though!

Fierce-Hero.png

kipmetknoflook

kipmetknoflook

Novice

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationKOI-494.01

I got my 100% for that game in 17,5 hours D: I feel bad now...

Starrk_01

Starrk_01

Primera

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • LocationHueco Mundo

I got the Flower one legit. As someone said earlier, I downloaded the game, went into it to activate the trophies, then went on and finished the up platinum I was working on.

Starrk_01.png   01e469a4-3908-4146-9378-cd4d04b2d51e_zps

Thanks to BeyondtheGrave07 for the signature.

Beyondthegrave07

Beyondthegrave07

I'm all fired up!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationLost in thought

I played the demo of journey (which is the beginning) and when I bought the game a month later, the trophy popped immediately! Lucky me I guess. For flower I just beat the game and then loaded the game up a week later for the trophy. I don't see why waiting a week is so damn difficult for 1 trophy.

Beyondthegrave07.pngngbbs4738ace4675a5.gif
         Want to know about my platinums? http://psnprofiles.c...ck/#entry159868

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users