Photo

Do you prefer games with easy or hard trophies?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Dreakon139

Dreakon139

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

I have much less stress with easier games/trophies so I would say I prefer them. With that said though, I don't mind a challenging game at all. I have gone after a few difficult games/trophies in my PS3 endeavors. Since going on my easy game streak lately I've come to realize I just don't like playing exclusively hard games. These PG-rated games (most of them anyways) are quite fun and simple.... plus, I get the added bonus of being able to play them with my wife/kids around ;)

This is pretty much where I sit, though I mind challenging games usually. :)

Aeirou

Aeirou

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationDark Souls II
The trophies I like best are those that accompany the game without sending you on irrelevent objectives.

For example, L.A. Noire was pretty fun as a game but it's unlikely that you would ever know to look for and collect golden film reels on your own. The trophy for collecting them was just busy work.

For one, if a game is going to have collectibles than those collectibles should benefit you in game in some way.

I don't care how easy a game it, I wont platinum it if I get bored of the game - i.e. The Darkness 2, Jak 2, Harry potter and the half blood prince, battlefield 3.

30bnu4w.png

AndroidFox

AndroidFox

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationOxford, England
If I enjoy a game enough I'll attempt to platinum it, no matter how difficult the trophies are. But if it's proving too hard or boring I won't bother. Difficult, time consuming or grind based trophies can taint my opinion on a game, and honestly I'd much rather leave on a high knowing that I have just finished a brilliant game, rather than leaving annoyed because of a stupid virtual trophy.

On the other hand, if a game is shite I won’t even bother with the trophies unless they are easy to unlock. There's no point investing my time into something I won't have fun playing.

YbVIicQ.gif

homer_snake

homer_snake

Free Brokep

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationIran
An just one more thing.I fucking hate collectible trophies.

homer_snake.png

EzPzNDaHeezy

EzPzNDaHeezy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFlorida, United States
Looking at my Platinum list (all three of it), you would guess easy; that being Uncharted 3, Skyrim, and ME3. Not one of those Plats is hard, but I enjoyed every game thoroughly enough to get them. I like a game with a mix of easy and hard trophies, if anything. The one thing I can't stand though is being forced to do online trophies in a multiplayer setting in order to receive a Platinum.

Posted Image

bdp985

bdp985

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCali
I like harder trophies, it makes me proud when I have them. Like the trophies that make you play on a difficult setting or upgrade a certain weapon. The collectible trophies are okay. Those are more for show on how much time you put into a game.
B.D.P.

TheLilyNipper

TheLilyNipper

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCanada
I like a good mix, and I agree withEzPzNDaHeezy
Posted Image

Artemisthemp

Artemisthemp

Iris Heart

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationDenmark
I prefer trophies that "force" you to see all the Story (Like Atelier Totori)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Wade_VC

Wade_VC

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationLodi, CA

Not one of those Plats is hard, but I enjoyed every game thoroughly enough to get them.

...and that my friend just goes to show you value the actual fun of playing a game first and foremost.
AWESOME! :yay:

Posted Image

Sir_Bee

Sir_Bee

Knighted Worker Bee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

I prefer trophies that are difficult, but I hate trophies that are just grinds. I want to showcase skill, not a lack of a life lol.

I would like to post an addendum to my original post. While what I said is true, my choice in what to play has nothing to do with trophies. I look for the kinds of games that I think I will enjoy playing. That being said, when I find a game I really enjoy, I do like collecting all the trophies.

Sir_Bee.png

286320.png

GeorgeGianno

GeorgeGianno

Premium Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAmarousion,Greece
I dont care if are they easy or difficult,i like to play the games :)
Posted Image
"The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh"

Posted Image

TENCHU_REPPA

TENCHU_REPPA

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationTexas
both
Posted Image

iCroat

iCroat

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationGallifrey
I prefer slightly harder trophies,but the difficulty of the trophies doesen't really mater

killer_cryptid15.png

76561198039204016.png

https://www.g2a.com/r/killercryptid - cheaper PC games ;)

SuperpwnJTV

SuperpwnJTV

Novice

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWales, UK
Medium, I guess? Too easy isn't really rewarding, but too hard can get tedious and infuriating.

SuperpwnJTV.png

Enstikto

Enstikto

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece
I love really difficult trophies like the Vanquish Challenges, Killzone 2's elite campaign, and Catherine's babel mode.
I HATE grinds though. The only two times I have done really long grinds where in GTA4 (I hate that Petrovic guy) and Mortal Kombat (soon I'll have the plat :D).
The grinds don't take skill. They just need time... I prefer investing my time to other things....
Posted Image

spuds4fun

spuds4fun

• Pip
  • 21 posts
I prefer games that don't have stupid trophies like grinding.

scotty243

scotty243

Cockblock

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationTaking a seat over there.
Truthfully, as long as I actually enjoyed the game, I don't mind going for the plat. I won't kill myself over a plat either but I don't mind spending a day or two trying to go for a trophy on a game I actually enjoyed. If it's a GRIND, then I'll simply spread it out so I won't feel burnt but if it's finish the game on hard, I usually save those for the plat. Same for MP, if I loved a game but the MP sucks complete ass, I won't really attempt lvl. 50 trophies unless a friend comes along to have a few laughs and stuff or if it takes some time to get into, I'll go for it.

BrunoBomb

BrunoBomb

If a life has no hope, then what his life? Is it still worth it?

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationPortimão, Portugal
Since they are fun to play. Now if they are easy or hard, I prefer hard to be a challenge to me.

helder-paulino.png?1884ga39.png

silver_pigy

silver_pigy

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationOttawa Ontario
i will never play a game that i dont like just for the trophies but if i love the game enough i will try to achieve all trophies until i get bored with the game or until it happens

Posted Image

AnRoDr

AnRoDr

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationLittle old Belgium
It's the mix that makes me tick.

Whilst grinding or hopelessly trying for that one difficult trophy I love to play a fun dead easy game in between that "pings" trophies every ten minutes or so. Makes me think I actually have a chance to get those other trophies :lol:

AnRoDr.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users