Lady Lilith

Lady Lilith

Resident Sega fan

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Platinums
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (PS3) Platinum #1 (March 13, 2011-April 1, 2011)
Posted Image

I've never played these games on PS2, and I've heard they were good, so I picked up the collection at Christmas 2010 for cheap. Enjoyed the hell out of the first one, but I can't seem to enjoy the second one even half as much...I preferred the emphasis on platforming and collecting clue bottles to unlock safes. Collecting clue bottles around one area just isn't the same.
  • Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (PS3) Platinum #2 (August 27, 2011-September 25, 2011)
Posted Image

This is definitely my favorite Prince of Persia game, possibly even better than Sands of Time. I found the combat much more streamlined in this, I loved the unlockable powers, and the powers you get (such as the water power) requires a bit of thought to use at times.
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS3) Platinum #3 (February 7, 2012-February 20, 2012)
Posted Image

I played a little bit of this on PS2, and let's just say it was enough to convince me to buy the collection. Although in hindsight, I might have wanted to buy this separately on PSN, as I think Jak 2 is inferior in every way and nowhere near as enjoyable. Guess I just like platformers.
  • Dante's Inferno (PS3) Platinum #4 (July 22, 2011-May 21, 2012)
Posted Image

This was a pretty good game. I didn't care for a lot of the puzzles, and I hated some of the rooms, the worst being the one with that spinning blade thing. So many deaths. Overall, a good game though. Really want a sequel.
  • The Walking Dead (PS3) Platinum #5 (May 26, 2012-Nov 22, 2012)
Posted Image

Holy crap, I wasn't much for point and click style "adventure" games probably before the Back to the Future games (also by Telltale), but wow...this is really a great series. The finale is so depressingly well done. Probably one of the only games where I actually had emotions for the characters. Very well done.
  • Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (Vita) Platinum #6 (November 28, 2012-December 24, 2012)
Posted Image

Not that hard, just time consuming. Luckily (or not), I had a power outage yesterday that lasted all day...and I used that to knock out a lot of the characters' arcade modes. I was lucky with one online match and got paired with a really high level against two low levels, got a few trophies in that single match. Overall, an okay game that still doesn't fix the balancing problem of low level players getting paired against highers, even though it seems like the ranking system would be the perfect way to do that.

100%s
  • Super Hang-On (PS3) 100% #1 (May 23, 2012-May 26, 2012)
Posted Image
I never bothered to play this game on Genesis, or SMS for that matter. I finally played it for the first time in the recent Vintage collection, and I have to say, it's not a bad game. I actually quite like it.
  • Daytona USA (PS3) 100% #2 (October 25, 2011-May 26, 2012)
Posted Image
I played this game back in the arcades when I was a kid. I was never any good at it back then though. I picked it up when it was discounted on Plus, and I really enjoy it.
  • Back to the Future: Episode 1 (PS3) 100% #3 (February 12, 2012-May 27, 2012)
Posted Image
I have to admit, I did not see the Back to the Future films. At first, I didn't care about this game either, but then I got around to playing it and remembered how much I loved old adventure games. Now I kinda want to see the trilogy after playing this series. I do have all 3 movies on my PC...
  • Back to the Future: Episode 2 (PS3) 100% #4 (May 27, 2012)
Posted Image
This was kind of better, if only because the story was more interesting to me. I dunno, I'm a sucker for gangster/mafia stuff. Guess that's why I like Yakuza games. NOTICE: THIS IN NO WAY CARRIES OVER TO REAL LIFE
  • Back to the Future: Episode 3 (PS3) 100% #5 (May 27,, 2012)
Posted Image
I really enjoyed this episode, due to the parallels with 1984.
  • Back to the Future: Episode 4 (PS3) 100% #6 (May 27, 2012)
Posted Image
This episode's story was kinda meh after the first three, but nothing too bad.
  • Back to the Future: Episode 5 (PS3) 100% #7 (May 27, 2012-May 28, 2012)
Posted Image
I enjoyed this episode the most out of the series.
  • Frogger Returns (PS3) 100% #8 (June 2, 2012)
Posted Image
I don't ever want to play another Frogger game again. Frogger is not my thing at all, I am horrible at timing. Thank god the trophies let you play the game in Free Play with infinite lives.

• Infamous: Festival of Blood (PS3) 100% #9 (September 22, 2012 - September 23, 2012)
Posted Image

I probably enjoyed this DLC more than I thought I would, since I thought it would be a timed DLC cause of the whole vampire thing. Was a nice surprise when I found out it was like The Beast in Infamous 2, you know, where time advances at a fixed point in the plot. That and I like vampires...oh, and the collectibles were actually fun to find unlike Infamous 1...the enhanced sense made things a lot easier.
  • HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (PS3) 100% #10 (September 30, 2012 - October 3, 2012)
Posted Image

Well, I wasn't originally planning on even getting this game, but when it came out, the discount and the fact that it was a Sega came made me reconsider. And I'm glad I did, this game is pretty awesome.
  • Costume Quest (PS3) 100% #11 (October 11, 2012-Octoer 14, 2012)
Posted Image

Wow...I thought this game would suck when I first got it (good thing it was free), but as soon as I started it, I found it very charming and relaxing. The only complaint I had was the DLC felt...lacking.
  • Sonic The Fighters (PS3) 100% #12 (November 27, 2012)
Posted Image

I picked up these three fighters mainly to support Sega, but a bonus was piss easy trophies. Although I don't really like fighters, this one was actually pretty fun. Not sure if it's the retro feel or the fact that it's Sonic characters.

Games close to Platinum (only need 1-4 more trophies)
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (1)
  • Borderlands (2)
  • Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing (3)
  • Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (3)
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus (3)
  • God of War (4)
  • God of War II (4)
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta (4)
  • Saint's Row The Third (3)
Games close to 100% (only need 1-2 more trophies)
  • Altered Beast (1)
  • Streets of Rage 2 (2)
  • Golden Axe (1)
  • Virtua Fighter 2 (1)
Photos

Consoles, 2010

Consoles and games, May 2012

Consoles and games, June 2012

Sega collection, September 2012

PS2 collection, September 2012

Dreamcast/Saturn collection, October 2012

PS3/PS2 collection, October 2012

PS2 collection ,Nov 2012

Edited by gamerm1337, 25 December 2012 - 03:38 AM.

1_zps4315bbd3.png2_zps364a77da.png4_zps1e696607.png3_zpse151aeaf.png

Kyouko_Sakura

Kyouko_Sakura

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationEientei
Nice list and looks like it will eventually become something really good but can I just make a small suggestion that you change the formatting just a little so it is easier to read. I really like how it is but if you could bold the game titles and maybe fix up the part with date acquired, platinum trophy and such, I really think this could look really great.

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing is a fun game and quite the easy platinum the only problem might be the missions but they aren't too bad, I wonder you look like a Sonic fan so are you going to try platinum Unleashed or Generations as well?

5l30AGR.png

Lady Lilith

Lady Lilith

Resident Sega fan

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hm...I will probably try to platinum Generations before I even attempt Unleashed. I've heard those hot dog mission trophies are hell, especially Eggmanland. And then of course, I haven't even beaten Unleashed.

Amalur is one trophy away, Sega All Stars Racing is three trophies away (missions and gold license)

Generations should be a fun platinum, but I don't really look forward to the challenge acts and speed running the Planet Wisp levels. Hate those levels.

I might be able to platinum Lollipop Chainsaw, 100% Sonic 1 and 2 (I don't think the speed runs will be that hard, I'm more afraid of the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 2. I'm terrible at that game's special stages), 100% Golden Axe if I find someone online, Altered Beast, and we'll see about Monster Land/World/World IV. Walking Dead is an obvious platinum once all the episodes release.

Lady Lilith

Lady Lilith

Resident Sega fan

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Edited in a new 100%'d game, added some more pictures, and made some new categories.

Crimson-Cobalt

Crimson-Cobalt

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Cool list. :)
Jak 2 is actually really good. You should give it a go if you have time. That said I like the first game more since it is more of a platformer. I miss the entire genre :(

Edited by Crimson-Cobalt, 29 September 2012 - 11:04 AM.

Posted Image

Lady Lilith

Lady Lilith

Resident Sega fan

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Added a new 100%.

Cool list. :)
Jak 2 is actually really good. You should give it a go if you have time. That said I like the first game more since it is more of a platformer. I miss the entire genre :(

I've gotten to where I don't mind Jak 2's difficulty, just makes me work harder and make sure I get hit as little as possible. I left off originally at like...13%, and I'm at like 29% now, so yeah.

Edited by gamerm1337, 04 October 2012 - 04:10 AM.

Lady Lilith

Lady Lilith

Resident Sega fan

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Updated for Walking Dead platinum (#5). Added a few more photos too.

Lady Lilith

Lady Lilith

Resident Sega fan

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Updated Costume Quest (that I somehow forgot to add), and Sonic the Fighters. Also redid the photo labeling.

Lady Lilith

Lady Lilith

Resident Sega fan

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Updated Platinum #6 (Vita PS All Stars). Also labelled PS3/Vita platinums/100%s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users