PS3 Update 4.21 (Optional)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

HeySumbode

HeySumbode

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
I now found out about this. (so this is a kind of heads up for those who didn't know) But it's out now (was released last week) and it's an optional download that just improves system stability.
Source

Elliot - Pie

Elliot - Pie

The Foodstuff of Gods

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

improves system stability.

I always wonder what the crap this means, because it's not like I ever notice less crashes after one of these updates. Still, I do appreciate them making this type of update optional.

Edited by Pienummer1, 10 July 2012 - 09:53 AM.

brandonk276

brandonk276

• Pip
  • 8 posts
yea i also saw that it was optinal and was wondering what it did thanks for telling everyone.

bmj14772

bmj14772

TDYWS

• Guide Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationWestern New York
As a PS+ subscriber, this automatically downloaded and installed for me. I have had 2 system freezes since, in 2 different games. Not sure but, they may want another update, haha.

obcqy1a.png
bmj14772.png

broy300

broy300

Old Fart

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA
After seeing this thread I DL'd the update, and two things I've noticed. I installed a TB HDD about a month ago and when navigating the XMB menu it would often pause. Well it seems this update corrected that. On the negative side after exiting a PSN title my system completely locked up, enough where I had to toggle the main power button ( which has never happened to me before).

broy300.png

Parker

Parker

Midnight in Harlem

• 6,430 posts
  • LocationThe Wind Squid Pub
These updates never change anything for me. Neither one of my PS3's have ever had any problems locking up or being sluggish, but it is good to hear they do help some people. Buy just because you had a few crashes after an update doesn't mean it was the update that caused it.

Parker

pokesigname_by_jennifairyw-d7hp77e.png

KING-_XVII_-R2

KING-_XVII_-R2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
These updates never change anything for me. Neither one of my PS3's have ever had any problems locking up or being sluggish, but it is good to hear they do help some people. Buy just because you had a few crashes after an update doesn't mean it was the update that caused it.

DanielVT

DanielVT

PS3, PS4, PSVITA Trophy Hunter

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • LocationVermont, United States of America
Cool I guess. My system freezes every once in a while....maybe this will fix that.

DanielVT.png?8932   crop-654851-call-of-duty-advanced-warfar

Wandererster

Wandererster

Change Getter!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts
The last update I noticed that changed is that the eject disc is now called remove disc.

LE PS3 MGS4 - 2008 - 8/12/2012 Status: retired

Wandererster.png

Blank Friend Requests will be ignored.

Senshu573

Senshu573

Will You Parry Me?

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Locationカムロチョ
Some people have reported a browser improvement.
Posted Image

jacob8151996

jacob8151996

Mr. President

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationSan Andreas [USA]

I always wonder what the crap this means, because it's not like I ever notice less crashes after one of these updates. Still, I do appreciate them making this type of update optional.

System stability could mean anything man. Like for instance if the store isn't loading right for some people they've stabilized it. Store kept freezing on me, after that update it did in fact quit.

The last update I noticed that changed is that the eject disc is now called remove disc.

That was included in 4.20

As a PS+ subscriber, this automatically downloaded and installed for me. I have had 2 system freezes since, in 2 different games. Not sure but, they may want another update, haha.

There will never be an update that stops freezing. It's like your computer, it freezes every now and then. One the PS3 if you take up too many resources it'll freeze.

Goals for 2014: 31 platinums [two by 1/27; then one a month]

n5p10pr45exvpj3isaup.png

Special thanks to Xxleonardo97xX for this SPECTACULAR custom signature! Want one too? Contact him for legal info.

I hide games that are 0-1%.

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

War, war never changes.

elser1

elser1

• Pip
  • 8 posts
i personally think like most updates since 3.41 this was to do with jailbreak
4.21 stopped people with a hacked console from logging in and using psn.
i dont mind updates but it would be good if they did actually fix real ps3 problems aswell as stop hackers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users