41 replies to this topic

Beyondthegrave07

Beyondthegrave07

That's checkmate, my friend.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationLost in thought
For the first time ever, the PS3 is outselling the Xbox 360 for overall sales worldwide! If you recall, at the end of November the sales were equal between the PS3 and Xbox 360. Remember, the PS3 came out a year later than the Xbox 360. What are your thoughts and feelings about this news?

Beyondthegrave07.pngngbbs4738ace4675a5.gif
         Want to know about my platinums? http://psnprofiles.c...ck/#entry159868

Dr_Mayus

Dr_Mayus

Elite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg
I have to say that is pretty impressive. Not only did it come out a year later, but the 4g xbox sells at 199 (which equals into those sales) and how many special xboxes get released (and I know a lot of people who bought a second system just to have the star wars or halo xbox)

dr_mayus_by_xxhappyhippyxx-d4moqy1.gif

Check out her work at

http://xxhappyhippyxx.deviantart.com/

Paige

Paige

Anti Diva

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
Because the PS3 is the superior console not to mention Playstation Plus members are getting A+ games now for free if they are subscribed to that service good for then.

14978719154_9af8acb61d_o.png

Sig by  cmgravekeeper

grimydawg

grimydawg

Time 2 eradicate these trophy goonz

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA (USA)
You also have to keep in mind the "red rings" Xbox. So the sells probably attributed to 30 million of them j/k :D

Edited by grimydawg, 10 January 2013 - 07:24 PM.

grimydawgplatinums.gif

Latest Platinum/100%: inFAMOUS Festival of Blood

Currently Playing: 

Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition, DRIVECLUB

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

NBA 2K15 (PS4)

Arkthur

Arkthur

N7

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

You also have to keep in mind the "red rings" Xbox. So the sells probably attributed to 30 million of them j/k :D

It surely helped, I didn't buy an Xbox because all my friends that have one, had to repaired it at some point. And the 360 is way cheaper in my contry.

Posted Image

bmj14772

bmj14772

TDYWS

• Guide Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationWestern New York
I'm fairly shocked to be honest. It seems as though the xbox community outnumbers us on ps3. Does this statistic only include the console or does it also include games? Regardless, I hope Sony doesn't come in a year behind Microsoft again for the new console.

obcqy1a.png
bmj14772.png

-Dark Mark-

-Dark Mark-

Merry Halloween!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Yeah man, I burned through FOUR 360s while I still have my first ever PS3 for years with no problems so far.
Come to Marky. :] a3l6o0.gif

Heartunderblade

Heartunderblade

Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMy Playground
I'd say "finally" , I had an Xbox360 myself and in about 4 month it got the three rings of death, after that I got a ps3 and lasted for 4 years. I really don't care though both consoles are good and have cool exclusives but I think ps3 deserves to outsell xbox since it has FREE INTERNET access to the web and it didn't came out with a 4-6 month of life span, and aslo blu-ray. xD

Edited by entimecago, 10 January 2013 - 09:44 PM.

Spoiler

tumblr_mhxn25X0wJ1qi3uajo1_500.gif

mumpel

mumpel

Planet 133

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Locationeburks avatar
This is technically incorrect. The PS3 has outdone the 360 in units shipped, not sold. This just means that there are more PS3s available for sale and not necessarily that there are in fact more PS3s being sold.

http://ie.ign.com/ar...e-shipped-total

Edited by Lee, 10 January 2013 - 09:59 PM.

VOyLOto.png

Parker

Parker

Fight the Future

• 6,350 posts
  • LocationThe Wind Squid Pub
The PlayStation 3 has been outselling the 360 for a while now. It came out a year later, so in order to make that up it had to have been outselling it, or it would always be behind. What has finally happened is the PlayStation 3 has finally sold more units that the 360 has, which is good news and also a little surprising given the poor start we had.

Parker

pokesigname_by_jennifairyw-d7hp77e.png

EliteVega

EliteVega

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
I'm not really surprised.

Consoles have drop in price so people are starting to buy them more.
Posted Image

Mr_MovieMan29

Mr_MovieMan29

Slightly under qualified.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationMoved from Russia into Kansas a few years ago.
Microsoft seems like that are getting lazy and greedy...I may not be correct, but it seems that way. I haven't touched the Xbox, ever. My brother hardly plays it anymore. I guess Playstation is just giving higher quality stuff, and they will for sure blow the Xbox out of the water this half year
Posted Image

TENCHU_REPPA

TENCHU_REPPA

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationTexas
cool
Posted Image

LordIchikyo

LordIchikyo

Meister Alchemist Nozomi

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

PS3 outselling Xbox360.

See Microsoft? This is why you shouldnt have giving up on JRPG.
Posted Image

Tamer

Tamer

Tamer of Dragons

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationMuang, Chiang Rai, Thailand
Not really a big deal to me.

AndroidFox

AndroidFox

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationOxford, England

Because the PS3 is the superior console

Sorry, but saying that just makes you sound like an elitist douchebag. Neither console is superior, both consoles are great in their own respects and the sooner people realise that the better. The PlayStation may appeal to you more, but that doesn't mean the 360 doesn't appeal to others, it all boils down to personal preference.

YbVIicQ.gif

Ramonachan

Ramonachan

Super Squid Bros.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationIsle of Enchantment

Sorry, but saying that just makes you sound like an elitist douchebag. Neither console is superior, both consoles are great in their own respects and the sooner people realise that the better. The PlayStation may appeal to you more, but that doesn't mean the 360 doesn't appeal to others, it all boils down to personal preference.

Need I remind you that the PS3 has bluray-tech ?

And also not being a fanboy or anything here because each console has their forte,neither Uncharted 2 or 3 are even Possible on the 360 either,when every other game on the 360 has gotten a version on the PS3 and most of the time its superior to the 360 version so indeed it is the superior console.

Also according to wiki

PS3 550 Mhz of graphics,360 500Mhz of graphics.

baJQu.png

9IwIc.png

Beyondthegrave07

Beyondthegrave07

That's checkmate, my friend.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationLost in thought

This is technically incorrect. The PS3 has outdone the 360 in units shipped, not sold. This just means that there are more PS3s available for sale and not necessarily that there are in fact more PS3s being sold.

http://ie.ign.com/ar...e-shipped-total

Even if it's only shipped, you can make a logical conclusion that the PS3 is outselling the 360. Remember, IGN had the article of them at even units sold at the end of November. Since then, if more PS3's are just now being shipped more than the 360, then more PS3s are in demand than Xbox 360 at this point in time. This also means in November that there were more Xbox 360s sitting on the shelf than the PS3 since the units sold were the same. Microsoft hasn't stopped shipping Xbox 360s, Sony has just been shipping PS3s rapidly due to the high demand. Why would they ship more PS3s if they weren't selling? With this in mind, you could come to the logical conclusion that more PS3s have been sold in the past month than Xbox 360.

Beyondthegrave07.pngngbbs4738ace4675a5.gif
         Want to know about my platinums? http://psnprofiles.c...ck/#entry159868

Artemisthemp

Artemisthemp

Iris Heart

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Need I remind you that the PS3 has bluray-tech ?

And also not being a fanboy or anything here because each console has their forte,neither Uncharted 2 or 3 are even Possible on the 360 either,when every other game on the 360 has gotten a version on the PS3 and most of the time its superior to the 360 version so indeed it is the superior console.

Also according to wiki

PS3 550 Mhz of graphics,360 500Mhz of graphics.

Does 360 come with rechargeable controller(s)?

Pururut_HDD.png
artemisthemp.png 

Dr_Mayus

Dr_Mayus

Elite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

POPULAR

Well now you are just debating opinion vs fact.

You might like the 360 better but the PS3 is the better console. It has more exclusives (you know people like playing more than 1 or 2 games a year), free online (unless you like paying 60$ a year), bluray vs dvd (if you like having your game on 2 or 3 discs vs 1 then I guess Xbox would be better), and that is not even getting into the fact that Xbox is just catching up with stuff that has been standard since the beginning (hdmi, built in wifi, wireless controllers etc.)

In the end it comes down to the opinion, but just based on technology and a wider range of options you have to say PS3 is the superior console.

dr_mayus_by_xxhappyhippyxx-d4moqy1.gif

Check out her work at

http://xxhappyhippyxx.deviantart.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users