• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

AlteredFormula

AlteredFormula

Remember, the enemy's gate is down

• 1,252 posts
  • LocationUK
Remember Driver?

You know... That game years ago that had brilliant chases and your backend just flicked every where? No...? The one with all the crap sequels...? Thats the one!!

I really suggest you pick up the latest version. For the first time in a long time, I've found myself giggling like a school girl with some of the chase scenes and stunts, and the shift function is more than just a gimmick, it really works.

I've just played the first hour and love it. let me know when some of you have got it, I think this could also be a fun multiplayer (who would have thought it?).

14144r6.png

Signature by TakahashiDemon

Blank friend requests are always rejected.  Stating you are from PSNP doesnt mean you will be accepted either.  If we don't chat here, and we don't play the same games, you'll probably get rejected.

CasualStorm

CasualStorm

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
I'm going to get this but like a lot of people, too many good games are coming out soon so it'll have to wait for me. I will say though that when I played the SP demo, I had more fun playing the game than I thought and it brought back some fond memories of playing the older games. :)

GIDwLOe.gif
PSN: CasualStorm
Steam: CasualStorm
My Blog:
PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Sly Ripper

Sly Ripper

Owner/Founder/Developer

• Owner
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationUK
Completed the story, it's pretty shit compared to the old school Drivers. Don't like the way it forces you to do two side missions before being able to continue the story. The shift stuff is ok but it completely takes away the whole point of driving in the game when you can just shift to anywhere/any car.
It seemed very much a game to get out of the way for the kick ass stuff coming out over the next 2/3 months.

Sly-Ripper.png

AlteredFormula

AlteredFormula

Remember, the enemy's gate is down

• 1,252 posts
  • LocationUK
Do you know what, since posting this yesterday, I dont think I've found anyone that has agreed with me. For some reason I've really enjoyed it so far. I especially enjoy the shift feature when playing online.

14144r6.png

Signature by TakahashiDemon

Blank friend requests are always rejected.  Stating you are from PSNP doesnt mean you will be accepted either.  If we don't chat here, and we don't play the same games, you'll probably get rejected.

Parker

Parker

The Danger Zone!

• 4,952 posts
  • LocationThe Wind Squid Pub
I'll be picking this up on the release day in the US (the 6th, jst a few more days) because I'm a huge fan of the original Driver games (hell, I even liked some of the PS2 Driver's) and I really enjoyed the demo. I think I'll be spending a lot of time in free roam, but it's a shame to hear the story is so short.

Parker

Classic Game Room: 16-bit, 100% Awesome

mfbF15h.png

Thank you Fox for the awesome signature!

PSN: James_Page | Steam: Pagey the Wind Squid | XBL: Mopar Parker | NN: 1stGenCummins 

Daramachenko

Daramachenko

The One and Only

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Los Angeles
i didn't even know the game was out yet, but i played the demo and the multiplayer is pretty cool. so far i've been in three lobbies and no one was a challenge yet :(

zairozen

zairozen

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNew England

i didn't even know the game was out yet, but i played the demo and the multiplayer is pretty cool. so far i've been in three lobbies and no one was a challenge yet :(

Oh, we'll see about that :ninja:

On a different note, this game is not that bad, with a pregnant man that teleports into young teenage girls bodies.

(I got that from the single player demo :lol:)

The Hunger Games

WhiteWolfDK

WhiteWolfDK

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Do you know what, since posting this yesterday, I dont think I've anyone that has agreed with me. For some reason I've really enjoyed it so far. I especially enjoy the shift feature when playing online.

I'm agreeing with you, love the game no fancy setups or you need to tweak suspensions parts, just good fun arcade racing, so what if the steering is loose, taking a 1970 Charger to 100 Mph will be a scary ride any day :-)

Tryed the online parts as well, won a few lost 1 and in that time reached level 3, will be a helleish way to get to level 38 though :D

//WhiteWolf

FifaFrancesco

FifaFrancesco

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No Heat at all for this game..

Azakos

Azakos

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Do you know what, since posting this yesterday, I dont think I've anyone that has agreed with me. For some reason I've really enjoyed it so far. I especially enjoy the shift feature when playing online.

Freddie Wong does!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP_6LdRWSKg

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users