Photo

What would you do if you had to pay for Psn on Ps4 ?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

TheVolloxx-

TheVolloxx-

Punk & Metal !!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationUK / Scotland

images_zpsad381671.jpgimages1_zps1b5ae32e.jpg

Thought i would post this as my 100th post 

My question is What would you do if you had to pay for Psn on Ps4 ? 

Would you have a problem paying for the service ? 

Would you consider another system ? 

Would you complain & boycott ? 

Are there any features you would like to change or for them to add ? 

What are your thoughts and what would you do ? 

Me personally i don't mind paying for the service as i trust and respect sony for making it free since launch 

i would actually like to pay so they can earn more money and keep upgrading the network and make great games 

that obviously all depends on how much they would charge ? 

I think that they will probably integrate Ps+ and make it part of Psn 

I think that 50$ a year would be a reasonable price

And if they did this it would be a good idea for them to make Psn and the Ps store more untied : 

Instead of a different store for each individual country split it up into 

EU 

US

ASIA

Etc ......  

And make Visa , Paypal , Debit , Credit cards usable on all store's as currently you must be living in that region to have such option 

I also think that they should make the options in account management changeable as currently you cannot change the country that you entered

this may not be a problem for a lot of users but it is for some and the option should be there

when i made this account i was living in Malta and when i made it i didn't know it didn't have Ps store i really didn't use Psn that much

previous to that i was living in Spain and i have an account for there too

now i am living in the UK and cannot change this my MAIN account to over here and i also cannot use my Vita on this account

but i don't want to lose my trophies so i'm stuck  

I know a lot of people have this problem and it is easy to resolve with a feature that is easy to incorporate i also think that they should

allow users to change the Psn if they want too 

Hopefully with the Ps4 they will address all these issues and more 

we know how the internet is being used a lot more these days and it's more connected etc 

these small features should be mandatory 

The reason it's not is because the service is free

again with the ps store they only need to add a currency change as to what Visa the user is using .

You have also got the problem of every country has different laws and regulations

this can simply be fixed by tracking the ip address to the country where your using it from and then apply the laws , regulations and terms of service

I also think you should be able to transfer purchases and trophies or connect accounts so that you can use everything from all your own stuff

If you think that will cause piracy it probably will but it's unfair that the people who do not Game share etc have to do without or suffer 

That's really all i can think of at the moment i will probably be adding some more things later 

thank you for reading and i look forward to your input and opinions 

If you feel like asking me a question go ahead 

Thanks . 

Edited by TheBolloxx, 05 May 2013 - 03:27 AM.

.gPaem1r_zpsf72c2baf.jpg
Signature By TakahashiDemon 

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheBolloxx

Tumbler: http://thebolloxx.tumblr.com

Psn Profile: http://psnprofiles.com/TheVolloxx-

GhostBaneR3aper

GhostBaneR3aper

• Pip
  • 7 posts

They need to have a good network before charging for online gaming but if free games are in it as well why not. Also I think  they would want to avoid the "Network Play" problem they had on PS2. 

Beyondthegrave07

Beyondthegrave07

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationLost in thought

It's simple, I wouldn't get a PS4 if I had to pay for PSN. Esp. if I have to give them a credit card number. I wouldn't mind having PSN network for free and then have a separate paid streaming service with games to replace PS+

Beyondthegrave07.pngngbbs4738ace4675a5.gif
         Want to know about my platinums? http://psnprofiles.c...ck/#entry159868

drummerklg

drummerklg

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

I would prefer if it stayed free, but i would gladly pay 50 a year if it included the free streaming of ps3 games, ps plus, and i would love if they gave us money for trophies

RileyCola

RileyCola

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

I feel like one of the main things of playstation is the free online. that being said I'd be kinda bummed but if it added a bunch of stuff that made it worth it idc then

TheVolloxx-

TheVolloxx-

Punk & Metal !!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationUK / Scotland

I would prefer if it stayed free, but i would gladly pay 50 a year if it included the free streaming of ps3 games, ps plus, and i would love if they gave us money for trophies

I don't think they would give money for trophies 

But it would a really good idea if they gave you avatar's or theme's for completing certain games , trophies etc 

.gPaem1r_zpsf72c2baf.jpg
Signature By TakahashiDemon 

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheBolloxx

Tumbler: http://thebolloxx.tumblr.com

Psn Profile: http://psnprofiles.com/TheVolloxx-

Tamer

Tamer

Defender of the Realm!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • LocationMuang, Chiang Rai, Thailand

Let's say there is a 1 Year Subscription Service Plan for the price of 50 dollars - I would purchase that one year service plan, test the network for the full service. If I'm am satisfied with the stability of the entire network, then i will likely renew said plan each year. If i am dissatisfied, I will continue on gaming as i do now.. excluding online co-op and competitive multiplayer, which is a rarity. The only disadvantage I see, for me anyway,  is not being able to obtain dlc from the online network.

The option to change your PSN ID would be nice but likely cause issues.

Like Xbox, they should implement the Party Chat feature for the PS4 - very useful.

Avatars! I may have read that they are allowing you to use your own image for the PS4 - not 100% sure though. There are so many fantastic titles that should have avatars, yet, they do not.

Tamer's Platinum Realm - Chrono Cross Fantasy Trophy List

2RhUAfU.png

Majestically badass signature created by RaveNScythE18

dj_illmatic

dj_illmatic

Novice

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Depending on the price, I'd pay it. I pay the yearly fee for Live, and enjoy the service. My biggest gripe is the amount of adds. If you're going to charge me for the service, don't push adds down my throat. I can understand adds on a free service as a way to offset offering the service for free, but not when you pay. I do think 60$ a year is my limit though.

Edited by dj_illmatic, 05 May 2013 - 03:56 AM.

dj_illmatic.png

CasaDeBen

CasaDeBen

Bear

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
As long as i got better chat functions id pay

CasaDeBen.png

ERGOPROXY-DECAY

ERGOPROXY-DECAY

ErgoProxy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Actually I rather there be a fee for the service because then it better not lag and take forever to load. It better have more features and functions. And for allow me to change my name as many times as I want, at least a nickname option. Somedays I just dont want to be a Ergoproxy. Come on Sony, Id thought you guys are more creative.

2xp7uzi.png

ERGOPROXY-DECAY.png

Vacio_Luna

Vacio_Luna

Background Character

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBuffalo NY

Yeah i wouldn't mind paying for it if the network itself was good, and if it had that cross game chat thing. But if it were a monthly thing, screw that.

Edited by Vacio_Luna, 05 May 2013 - 05:06 AM.

Vacio_Luna.png    jTzPUtl.gif?1

BSAA_Operative

BSAA_Operative

BSAA Advisor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Would not mind but at least have some new additions first.

BSAA_Operative.png     

Survived Arklay Manison Incident And Came Back To Save Jill...

"It's more reliable than any person" - Claire Redfield, Revelations 2

"If you don't try and save one life, you'll never save any. Isn't that right, Curtis ?" Leon S. Kennedy, Degeneration

"You were almost a Jill sandwich" - Barry Burton, Resident Evil 1/Remake

Timo_Marrinsbane

Timo_Marrinsbane

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMontana -7 gmt

I tend to get psn plus so it wouldn't really matter.  It depends on how they do it.  If they have 2 types of memberships 1 for basic and 1 for plus members it wouldn't be a bad thing. Nothing beats a free system though.  The basic membership should be half what plus should be with few benefits. Plus membership keep getting the benefits that we do now.

Timo_Marrinsbane.png

mturismo

mturismo

Playstation Nation..... A higher plane of existence

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az

Well I am already happily paying $49.99 a year for PSN. 

As long as I continue to receive a discount and free games I'll pay regardless, mandatory or not.  

NewAnjunaSigpsnp-1.jpg     mturismo.png

:platinum: Unreal Tournament III, Mini Ninjas, Spare Parts, Infamous, Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando, Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal, Jak and Daxter: The Precusor Legacy,  Borderlands, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus, Trine 2, The Walking Dead, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Saints Row: The Third, GOW, Fallout 3, Jak II, LBP, Dead Space, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Tearaway, The Wolf Amoung Us.  

SSarcasm

SSarcasm

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Well, you get what you pay for so I suppose it would depend in terms of what other options there are. frankerz.png

Edited by SSarcasm, 05 May 2013 - 05:56 AM.

wolf723

wolf723

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

I like it free, but i do pay PS Plus sometimes, It should stay how it is

X_Kustoms_X

X_Kustoms_X

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSouth-East Queensland Australia

If it is the same as it is now and started to ask 50+ a year I guess I will have to pay for it with a frown on my face, but if it was 20 dollars a year I wouldn't mind as much.

"You really made fun of me, but who's got the last laugh now? Well a true genius is never appreciated until there's trouble. I knew we'd need this in a tight spot, look." — James, Team Rocket's Mastermind.

X_Kustoms_X.png

GHOZTPRIME

GHOZTPRIME

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
I wouldn't mind so much, I pay for PS+ anyway. However I would expect them to give us even more benefits than PS+ already does
GHOZTPRIME.png

Friend Requests welcome. Blank requests will most likely be deleted.

Artemisthemp

Artemisthemp

Iris Heart

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Depending on the price, I would most likely not care AKA be ok with paying

Pururut_HDD.png
artemisthemp.png 

Captain_Cutscene

Captain_Cutscene

RobCo Industries Engineer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Ireland

It would be bad business for them to force everyone to pay.

That being said, I still maintain that anyone with the means should be a member of PS+. Great deals and free games.

I'll be paying either way if they carry on with this momentum :)

Captain_Cutscene.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users