Photo

Trophy count, platinum count, or completion rate?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is more important to you? (116 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is more important to you?

1. Trophy count (12 votes [10.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

2. Platinum count (38 votes [32.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.76%

3. Completion rate (66 votes [56.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Warbear

Warbear

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

It's all about completion rate, then platinum count. I'm not too crazy about total trophies, just don't find it as impressive as total platinum count. Same goes for PSN level. I have friends congratulate me when I reach a new level and I always found that odd. Also found it odd that people care for it. That's just me of course though.

Edited by Warbear, 22 July 2013 - 07:27 AM.

ModernWarbear_2.png

Prem-aka-Prince

Prem-aka-Prince

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Same goes for PSN level. I have friends congratulate me when I reach a new level and I always found that odd. Also found it odd that people care for it. That's just me of course though.

It would be cool if it unlocked something like the RPGs it mimics. The reason why level ups have mattered in games is because they give you something- increased stats, skill points to invest, new powers. Of course they shouldn't lock features away but free stuff in Home on each level up would be a gesture at least.

Hope that thought's not too off topic. It's quiet anyway.

Edited by Prem-aka-Prince, 24 July 2013 - 12:38 PM.

= Semper Fi =

Starrk_01

Starrk_01

Primera Espada

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationHueco Mundo

Platinum count, first number I look at when looking at other people's accounts 

Starrk_01.png   01e469a4-3908-4146-9378-cd4d04b2d51e_zps

Thanks to BeyondtheGrave07 for the signature.

TheYuriG

TheYuriG

Beware the invisible letters!

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationBrasil
Platinum count, except for Sound Shapes, I hate every dlc I have ever touched and left. DLCs should have their own trophy list outside the game like Infamous Festival of Blood or the Episodes of Vice City. I hate seeing how the producers force a little more of story into a really good game just for extra cash. one of the Bioshock 2 dlc is just enough about this.
On the other side, there are done goods dlc that are taken away from the game just to be sold separately for extra money (like Da Vinci disappearance in ACB).
Sound Shapes is the only exception because there isn't a story, dlc were demanded by users in a forum's poll and the producers made them for the players joy.

TheYuriG.pngEkyOpnt.png

EmmettXIV

EmmettXIV

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, United States

:platinum: Completion Rate, I always try to get 100% in games or as close as i can. I try to unlock everything and experience everything in a game. I always been like that playing video games even before the PS3 and trophies. Like getting 120 stars in Super Mario 64 ★

Posted Image

Jproco99

Jproco99

Novice

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Which is more important to you? Why?  To me it is now completion rate, I didn't care about it before, but to have a 100% completion rate, that would be awesome, but with games like MAG, Modnation racers, and Unreal Tournament 3 on my list, that is going to be hard.  Platinum count is also important to me. Trophy count isn't really important to me because anyone can just get a lot of trophies from playing a lot of games, but getting the platinum shows all the hard work you put into a game. 

If you are going try and 100% MAG you should start soon because the servers are going down soon.

drummerklg

drummerklg

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

If you are going try and 100% MAG you should start soon because the servers are going down soon.

I know man, but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Sukezaemon32

Sukezaemon32

Still needs to master Sonic Adventure 2.

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA

It's time for me to stop playing those kids games and go for a real Platinum Trophy.

Sukezaemon32.png

graffiX_13

graffiX_13

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

I voted "Platinum Count" but "Completion Rate" is important too me too. I guess I just don't like having to buy DLC to get a game (back) up to 100%. Usually when a game releases DLC, I've moved on and am engrossed in another game. Not to mention the fact that I'm cheap and don't like spending extra $$$ on a game that I've already paid for (but that's another argument entirely...).

A question though that I asked in another similar thread. I currently have a few games sitting at 0% on my profile, so if I go back and play those games and get some trophies that will raise my overall Completion Rate %, correct?

graffiX_13.png

Startyde

Startyde

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMA
Eh, I choose the fourth option, number of games played. It doesn't impress me when someone avoids a game for fear of how it would look on their trophy list. I admire people who would jump in and play anything.

Startyde.png

drummerklg

drummerklg

Advanced

• PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

I voted "Platinum Count" but "Completion Rate" is important too me too. I guess I just don't like having to buy DLC to get a game (back) up to 100%. Usually when a game releases DLC, I've moved on and am engrossed in another game. Not to mention the fact that I'm cheap and don't like spending extra $$$ on a game that I've already paid for (but that's another argument entirely...).

A question though that I asked in another similar thread. I currently have a few games sitting at 0% on my profile, so if I go back and play those games and get some trophies that will raise my overall Completion Rate %, correct?

No, it will lower it, 0% games do nothing towards your completion rate, if you get one trophy, boom, it will go down.

TheSecretPartner

TheSecretPartner

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,OH

Completion rate then platinum count a close second.

graffiX_13

graffiX_13

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

No, it will lower it, 0% games do nothing towards your completion rate, if you get one trophy, boom, it will go down.

Ok, thanks. Really good thing too I guess...I didn't want to have to go back and play some of those (RE5 comes to mind...)

graffiX_13.png

Jc_Nz

Jc_Nz

Brother Of The Nights Watch

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Plats are a good looking thing on a profile, and for me i know il never have 100% completion but for right now im trying to get it up around 50 would be a great achievement for me

Jc  Jc_Nz.png

homer_snake

homer_snake

Free Brokep

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationIran

A formula that includes all the factors would be great. None of the options seems individually a good measure,Because:

1.Plats/Trophies count:Many people play games with super-easy plats or they are rich and got a massive collection of games.

2.Avg Comp:I see many people with less than 10 games and a 100%. Also DLCs will ruin your completion.

For example a formula like:[(Number of Plats) * (Their Average difficulty "Which can be found on PS3Trophies.org")/ (Number of games)] * [(Average Completion)] would be fare enough measure to judge.

homer_snake.png

Fabinho_10

Fabinho_10

Novice

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationPorto, Portugal

For me Plat completation is more important because somes games to get 100% you need to spend more money in DLC's. And plat proves that you play the game with dedication. I saw people with 100% DLC and no plat, so it depends on game too.

For exe. I plat BF3 to 100%, and then DLCs came out and now i have 70% or something. And BO2 i got plat with no DLCs but i got friends with no plat and 100% DLC.

sorry bad english

Fabinho_10.png

Hurricarana369

Hurricarana369

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
For me I think platinum count is most important to me but completion rate comes in close second, the only think with this is that to 100% some games you have to buy the dlc for the game. And sometimes I just don't want to buy the dlc for the game and therefore I won't get 100% in it.
Total trophies is pointless I think because anyone can play loads of games and get those easy bronze trophies but getting a platinum trophy or 100% takes hard work and dedication!

Beyondthegrave07

Beyondthegrave07

The Heartless Armed Angel

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • LocationLost in thought

number of platinums for me + the rarity of the platinums. With DLC, Completion rate isn't really that accurate anyways (at least for those who don't spend the extra $$$ for it). I look at the # of plats then I specifically look at the rarity of the platinums to see how many common/uncommon/rare/very rare/ultra rare platinums people have. For example, if someone has 25 platinums, but 20 of them are Hannah Montana-isc, then it's not very impressive. If someone has only 10 platinums but 8 of them are ultra rare, then more I'm impressed than the guy with 25.

Beyondthegrave07.pngngbbs4738ace4675a5.gif
         Want to know about my platinums? http://psnprofiles.c...ck/#entry159868

CptCookieMonsta_

CptCookieMonsta_

O,O

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

number of platinums for me + the rarity of the platinums. With DLC, Completion rate isn't really that accurate anyways (at least for those who don't spend the extra $$$ for it). I look at the # of plats then I specifically look at the rarity of the platinums to see how many common/uncommon/rare/very rare/ultra rare platinums people have. For example, if someone has 25 platinums, but 20 of them are Hannah Montana-isc, then it's not very impressive. If someone has only 10 platinums but 8 of them are ultra rare, then more I'm impressed than the guy with 25.

I agree.
CptCookieMonsta_.png

closertim

closertim

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
Completion rate for me. a guy with a 80+% completion rate impresses me more than a guy with a high trophy level but low completion
closertim.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users