LA Noire Ending *SPOILERS*

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

AlteredFormula

AlteredFormula

Remember, the enemy's gate is down

• 1,317 posts
  • LocationUK
I've got to say, I really wasnt expecting that ending, loved it but wasnt expecting it...

Spoiler

So maybe a sequel starring Kelso as the lead character...?

14144r6.png

Blank friend requests are always rejected.  Stating you are from PSNP doesnt mean you will be accepted either.  If we don't chat here, and we don't play the same games, you'll probably get rejected.

DJ_Keyser

DJ_Keyser

Novice

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Yeah, I know Take Two were looking at LA Noire as a franchise, but I really don't know which way they should go with a sequel. I think maybe starting with a completely new character and exploring more of the dark side of the Force (Police Force, that is) with the ultimate aim of rising through the ranks and bringing down those corrupt fucks responsible for the events of the first game. Not so much a revenge story, but a fresh set of eyes that all but ignores the first games story until you start to get more involved with the inner workings of the departments you are in. It would be cool to see the other game's characters a few years on, but I wouldn't want them to be involved too heavily from the start at least. If possible, it would also be good if the playable character didn't scream bloody murder at a grieving widow when trying to 'doubt' a statement.

AlteredFormula

AlteredFormula

• 1,317 posts
  • LocationUK

It would be cool to see the other game's characters a few years on, but I wouldn't want them to be involved too heavily from the start at least.

I would love to see that, perhaps even see how that one corrupt sonofabitch has risen through the the ranks

If possible, it would also be good if the playable character didn't scream bloody murder at a grieving widow when trying to 'doubt' a statement.

That would also be blinding, I'll miss Shouty Phelps though.

14144r6.png

Blank friend requests are always rejected.  Stating you are from PSNP doesnt mean you will be accepted either.  If we don't chat here, and we don't play the same games, you'll probably get rejected.

DJ_Keyser

DJ_Keyser

Novice

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAustralia

That would also be blinding, I'll miss Shouty Phelps though.

Haha. Tis true. It was greatly entertaining.

Hitman1105

Hitman1105

Novice

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
In all honesty, I kind of saw that type of ending coming. Rockstar is known for having sad endings in games. Just look at RDR.

Posted Image

AlteredFormula

AlteredFormula

• 1,317 posts
  • LocationUK

In all honesty, I kind of saw that type of ending coming. Rockstar is known for having sad endings in games. Just look at RDR.

Although you are 98% correct Hitman, I just didnt see it coming. I was expecting a twist, maybe more down the GTA4 route with a choice of either exposing the bastards and not getting back with your wife or vice verse rather than the untimely death.

As for when we'll see a sequal who knows. With everything going down at Bondi and the relationship between them and Rockstar being pretty damaged, it may even never happen.

14144r6.png

Hitman1105

Hitman1105

Novice

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Well, if a sequel does arise, it won't be a collaborative effort with R* and Bondi, that's for sure.

Posted Image

Tory

Tory

Call me Tory

• Premium Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMichigan

And GTA4

y'all can call me Tory ^_^

jackattack1398

jackattack1398

Kiwi Defender

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationChicago
Just finished it literally 5 seconds ago. As much as I liked this game, I honestly thought the ending pretty much sucked. Maybe it was because I never really cared for any of the characters throughout the game (thanks to poor character development I might add), but I honestly felt no emotion for the ending, and I found it quite sappy. The game itself is unique, but I just didn't like Phelps as a character whatsoever. He was too one-dimensional.

I would like to see a sequel of some kind. I wouldn't mind having a direct follow-up with Kelso as the main character, but I think a change of scenery would be nice too. How about Chicago in the 1920's with all the problems with the mafia? Like the Untouchables.

Posted Image

"I wish I could devour your brain with my toenails." - Kiwi

Parker

Parker

Fight the Future

• 5,850 posts
  • LocationThe Wind Squid Pub

Although you are 98% correct Hitman, I just didnt see it coming. I was expecting a twist, maybe more down the GTA4 route with a choice of either exposing the bastards and not getting back with your wife or vice verse rather than the untimely death.

As for when we'll see a sequal who knows. With everything going down at Bondi and the relationship between them and Rockstar being pretty damaged, it may even never happen.

Care to explain? I've never heard about the bad blood between them and am interested to hear what it's about. Too laszy to use Google now... :blink:

Parker

pokesigname_by_jennifairyw-d7hp77e.png

AlteredFormula

AlteredFormula

• 1,317 posts
  • LocationUK

Care to explain? I've never heard about the bad blood between them and am interested to hear what it's about. Too laszy to use Google now... :blink:

Parker

No problem,

to cut a long story short the rumour is, Bondi actually missed so many target dates for the release that Rockstar had to essentially jump in and finish the job, that coupled with allegations of 100 hour weeks at Bondi has not done them any favours.

Rockstar have said that they wont publish any further Team Bondi games.

For more see here:

http://www.computera...damaged-report/

or here:

http://news.softpedi...nd-210041.shtml

http://www.computera...damaged-report/

14144r6.png

Griefheart

Griefheart

Novice

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Goddamnit why do I insist on reading spoilers for games i plan to get.

parker-94

parker-94

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Goddamnit why do I insist on reading spoilers for games i plan to get.

I'm guilty of that too... I somehow convince myself if I read the spoilers really quickly it makes it better. It doesn't. :P

Posted Image
I don't care who signs their posts with "Parker", I am the real Parker. ;)

orenjikitty

orenjikitty

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationCanada
The LA Noire ending was really lack luster. I was expecting more than what they did, especially with Kelso. It feels like they cut out an entire case folder, leading to a rushed ending that didn't solve much. If they do make something with the series, I hope it ties up all the loose ends that wasnt finished.

Posted Image

ACII || Dante's Inferno || UC1 || The Saboteur || UC2|| Sly1 || Heavy Rain || ACB || LA Noire || ACR || ME2 || ME3

Working on: Borderlands || DAO || inFamous 2

Deviant Art || Immortal Venom Creations || Check List || Showcase

Griefheart

Griefheart

Novice

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

I'm guilty of that too... I somehow convince myself if I read the spoilers really quickly it makes it better. It doesn't. :P

Oh my gosh! We have SO much in common!

steelsammy

steelsammy

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationNew York
After seeing the end of LA Noire, it reminded me of an even more bitter Red Dead Redemption. I don't know if I can buy another Rockstar game- the endings are such bullshit!

Just finished it literally 5 seconds ago. As much as I liked this game, I honestly thought the ending pretty much sucked. Maybe it was because I never really cared for any of the characters throughout the game (thanks to poor character development I might add), but I honestly felt no emotion for the ending, and I found it quite sappy. The game itself is unique, but I just didn't like Phelps as a character whatsoever. He was too one-dimensional.

I would like to see a sequel of some kind. I wouldn't mind having a direct follow-up with Kelso as the main character, but I think a change of scenery would be nice too. How about Chicago in the 1920's with all the problems with the mafia? Like the Untouchables.

Possibly, but I'll go for a sequel in Prohibition Era New York, birthplace of the American Mafia. (But, I think you said Chicago and I said New York because they're our hometowns)

Zairozen- Wow, he can hold his beer as well (Sammy adams). *Applaud* I underestimated you, SteelSatan.

-------------

DJ13202- "I change my mind about a news team...Steelsammy should just be dictated news team because every piece of news I really even care about comes from him...so no news team...just...SAMMY"

bzoKJJk.gif

---------

AlteredFormula- "Sammy!! I think I love you!"

---------

BDKSimba- "gonna call U sammy badass from now on"

AlteredFormula

AlteredFormula

• 1,317 posts
  • LocationUK

A sequel in the 1920's... but where did Kelso find the time machine?

Snappy retorts aside, I think I hear what you are saying, but I would just prefer a continuation of the story with a rather bitter Kelso, but thats me I like dark stuff I guess.

Too young to be an original goth and too old to be a hot emo guy, I missed my calling.

14144r6.png

redblurr13

redblurr13

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Agree with some of you the ending was something that blind sided me. once kelso got involved in the game i thought he would die i was wrong

Sisik2205

Sisik2205

Novice

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationGorzów, Poland
Actually the fact that Phelps died didn't shock me as badly as the funeral. I mean Roy giving a speech? I was like wtf, why is he not inprisoned. And even though we got to knew that Kelso doesn't really like Phelps much, I thought that he will either take revenge or what could be more expected he will "destroy" the higher-ups of Police. Well you got me there Rockstar, Up for GTA IV soon I guess.

Sisik2205.png

Bizz-dono

Bizz-dono

SF.ent ©

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationWorking with Trafalgar Law
I wasn't expecting Cole to die like that at the end it was a little disappointing. hero's always die heroically!

YOUNG_BIZZ.png[/

My controller's like my palm always in my hand- reuben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users