• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Wade_VC

Wade_VC

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationLodi, CA
Linger In Shadows was created by a Polish group of artists, well versed in the underground ‘Demoscene’ in an attempt to show off digital art on the PlayStation 3.

To immediately dismiss Linger In Shadows as nothing more than a glamorous media player screen is a huge mistake. It is possible to let the sequences blend into one another when unlocked, but in order to achieve such a feat you will have to rely on your inquisitive gaming instincts.

I found this demoscene to be quite rich, complex and fulfilling...and like many demoscenes, it requires a lot of "thinking outside of the box" to truly enjoy. Unique however is the added ability to interact with and within the demoscene through the use of the SIXAXIS controller.

If you are expecting a "game", then you may want to reconsider Linger In Shadows. If you are looking for a fantastic interactive experience, you will really enjoy this treat. I found Linger In Shadows to be visually stunning, artistically fantastic and just a fun experience all around.

Posted Image

Dreakon139

Dreakon139

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY
This may be a bit of a delayed response, but what is a "demoscene" exactly?

Wade_VC

Wade_VC

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationLodi, CA

This may be a bit of a delayed response, but what is a "demoscene" exactly?

I could never explain it in a few words for those not familiar with such. Check here buddy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demoscene

Demoscene's are better known by the PC crowd, and unless I am mistaken, Linger in Shadows is the only Demoscene to appear on a console.

Posted Image

DanielVT

DanielVT

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • LocationVermont, United States of America
I just decided to pick the "game" up today because of the EZ trophies. I came into it understanding that it was not technically a game, but I have to admit I have no idea what I just experienced. I could not understand a bit of it, it was completely freaky and weird. Can someone please explain what I just witnessed????

DanielVT.png?8932boston-sports-logos.jpg

Wade_VC

Wade_VC

Pro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationLodi, CA
It is more interactive art than anything else. Read the link I left above to help you understand just what a Demoscene actually is.

Posted Image

Artemisthemp

Artemisthemp

Iris Heart

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationDenmark

It is more interactive art than anything else. Read the link I left above to help you understand just what a Demoscene actually is.

Another Emo, just kill him self playing this game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users