• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

manyuhesp

manyuhesp

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Sometimes I think about starting from scratch with the new console. It would be interesting to start a new profile focusing on completion and all those things some of us care about here.

What do you guys think? Feels good starting from zero or better keep the thing going as it is?

The reason why I feel like this sometimes is because my profile is quite new (less than 1 year) so a fresh start is somehow... quite tempting...

manyuhesp.png

mikeyash509

mikeyash509

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Thought about it but then personally felt it was a waste of all my previous efforts

mikeyash509.png

DrBloodmoney

DrBloodmoney

Who Moderates the Moderators?

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationScotland

POPULAR

No way. Your profile is your gaming legacy.

Its not just about bragging rights or completion percentage (although that is a part of it and those things are of varying importance to diffeerent people), but it is also what legitimises you to other gamers.

If you decide to go online and play with other people in some cooperative game and they see you have no 'history' you'll get kicked from most games without so much as a goodbye!

A bank wont give you credit without a credit history check, just the same as most gamers wont give you the time of day without a gaming history check!

Would you voluntarily delete your credit history?
image_zps374bbf2f.jpgDrBloodmoney.png

Duffcar

Duffcar

Novice

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

I've started fresh about three or four times, for multiple different reasons, luckily the most platinums I've had on one account was only nine, so I didn't feel as if I'd wasted too much. But I only regret loosing my last [Milswood] (due to lost information about it's login details) and loosing something I have pride in on my second account [Subject_Seven] (which I changed from as I regretted the name choice) but weeks ago found out that it was second fastest plat for Mass Effect 2 on the site, yet if I tell anyone they don't believe me as it is not my current account.

But I am happy with this, my final account, so it really just comes down to how attached you are to your current account be that trophies earned, time spent, effort put into or even the name.

Edited by Duffcar, 11 October 2013 - 07:26 AM.

Duffcar.png                                        wIl4Gjgw.png

Ellie

Ellie

Brick Master

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Don't see the point at all if you just bored with the name you have I am pretty sure you will be able to change it or use your real name, I really hope they adopted steam's system regarding user names.

Humonic

Humonic

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Ehhh I had an account with 10 plats, recently started over again, it was good, I basically have 8 plats now and took me 3 months to recoup what I had gotten in 2 years (plat wise) I will say this though, it's looking increasingly unlikely that we'll be able to change our PSN usernames of the PS4 which I think is absolutely terrible, the ps3 was around 7 years before the ps4 came out, if sony have the same idea with this gen coming up, which they shouldn't due to PC gaming, in another 7 years PC's will be leaps and bounds beyond the PS4, so for consoles to even stay relevant when it comes to graphics ect we'll need a new console every 3 - 4 years, I got side tracked but yeah 7 years! My little brother is 12 and likes random shit any 12 year old would like, he probably won't like his PSN when he's 19, if the PS4 does stay for 7 years that is; my point is if you're going to pick at username, chose it like you would a tattoo, because you may be stuck with that shit for years to come.

Changing the usernames would be so beneficial to so many people it's just insane to not implement that. But I don't think Sony can at this point.

Side note don't care about completion rates for other people, care about it for yourself if you want a 90% completion rate as a personal achievement go get it, if you want it just to look good in front of other members, don't bother, no one cares xD

Edited by Humonic, 11 October 2013 - 07:36 AM.

AnRoDr

AnRoDr

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationLittle old Belgium

Depends on how many accounts can be used on the PS4. I've been playing with the idea to split up into three accounts instead of the one account I use together with my 2 sons. I think they might like an account of their own ... still not sure yet.

AnRoDr.png

Hikaru

Hikaru

Rookie

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I've had three to four accounts for the PS3 that I've used and I kinda wish I just stayed with one throughout. Constantly losing and regaining was fun but I never got back to where I was on one of my first accounts. So in short, I don't think it's worth it. (I do however like my current PSN ID, my original had a number in it)

This is just my opinion though. If you want to restart on the PS4 for a high completion percentage and it just seems fun, go for it.

Mr_Freaker

Mr_Freaker

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Recently I'm thinking about starting a new account but since my PSN name is also my real life nickname I don't want to lose it.

Also like everyone says, my progress is important to me.

Lion-Lhasa

Lion-Lhasa

*boop*

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationEngland
I started a fresh account less than a week ago and I've not looked back. I prefer the name and the fact that the name is not one I've used anywhere else.
When I started over it felt like I'd only just got my PS3 and loads of games I've never played before, I was spoilt for choice with what to play.
My only problem is that I only just got my Tales of Xillia plat on my old account, I'm going to try and use my old saves to bring it to this account too but if that doesn't work I'lll just earn it again.

Lion-Lhasa.png

FROS_THY

FROS_THY

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Locationsomewhere boring

i wanna change it but then again my platinums 

3162mis.png

FROS_THY.png

King_Chile

King_Chile

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Even if I wanted to, my name is too embedded into my gaming existence. People I know in real life will call me "Chile" from time to time, lol.

TheVolloxx-

TheVolloxx-

Punk & Metal !!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationUK / Scotland

Well since i was forced to make a new account 

i'm starting from scratch anyway lol :P 

.gPaem1r_zpsf72c2baf.jpg
Signature By TakahashiDemon 

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheBolloxx

Tumbler: http://thebolloxx.tumblr.com

Psn Profile: http://psnprofiles.com/TheVolloxx-

CasaDeBen

CasaDeBen

Bear

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Even if I wanted to, my name is too embedded into my gaming existence. People I know in real life will call me "Chile" from time to time, lol.

Not to mention that trophy count

CasaDeBen.png

Han_the_Dragon

Han_the_Dragon

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Same, except the last bit.

I have this account since the start and my gaming ID have been always this, since the day I made an account on GameFAQs in 2006, and generally any site I post, I use the same account, makes it easy for people to recognize me, and I don't really feel like losing this identity..

Han_the_Dragon.png

ImmigrantWithGun

ImmigrantWithGun

The Shogun

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationEdmonton AB

I can't see myself doing that, only reason I ever would make a new account is to change my name which I despise. But hopefully the PS4 has waya around it. Looks like I can just let everyone view my irl name instead of it so I'll just go that route and keep my profile.

VSTtwuA.jpg

Herwest299

Herwest299

Cereal Killer

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

I was thinking of starting fresh because I really dislike my username. Still contemplating. I really wish Sony introduced the system they have in Japan and like on Steam where you have Nicknames and all that.

Herwest299.png           EupVctH.gif

ElaborateEnd

ElaborateEnd

Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I am happy with my current account it's staying. As far as completion rate goes if i play a game and i cannot obtain the platinum or the 100% for what ever reason so be it.

I don't play games for anybody else I play them because of the enjoyment of experiencing the story and how much effort and creativity the team of people put into their work and their product or how fun the online portion of the game is and keeps bringing me back for one last game with other players i don't even know.

Just currently I failed the 12 week journey of The Last Of Us got to week 10, i have tried to like the online portion of the game but for me it was the story that got me hooked and took me on a journey that will stay in my thoughts when i think about The Last Of Us, what i am trying to say is the platinum for that game maybe unattainable at this present time and maybe for the foreseeable future, so be it.

So no i will not be changing my account i am happy with it, platinum or no platinum, 100% or no 100% it's staying, it is now apart of me .

Humonic

Humonic

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationEngland.

Or Sony could just get their act together and let us change our god damn name.. I get that it's "complex" but that's what I'm paying you for.. making complex shit happen that I can't, make it happen Sony I bureve in yu!!! :D

playdemos1

playdemos1

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationPortugal

I think on changing my account too, but i will not do it, only because i have trophies that pissed me of, and everything from 0 is not an option to me. Also i have plus and have games that i can download and with a new account, well i can play in the same ps but i don't want to...

I think that sony may the users to change theirs usernames...will be awesome, also with some rules, 1 time in 1 year, this type of things...

playdemos1.png

Subscribe my channel : https://www.youtube....r/Play4FunDiogo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users